Hardware [need QUICK ADVICE] What kind of sd does the switch use

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Standard" Micro SD? What other kind is there? If you mean SDHC vs. SDXC vs. non-SDHC they should all work fine, and to my knowledge, the Switch supports ExFAT as well.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game that is over 25 gigs has a physical release. no point in wasting space. i by physical when ever and save the space for the indie games. I cant expect an indie studio with like 2 people to release 100,000 carts.
I had a spare 512MB micro sd card laying around to test out. The splatoon test fire demo down loaded to it used most of the card but it works. Remember you cant transfer data to/from the sd card yet. They must be scared since all the hacking. All Nintendo has to do is encrypt the entire sd card.

Reactions: tbb043

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
At least one game is confirmed to be 32 GB (so it won't fit in nand at all) so go for 128 GB
Thinking now I suppose Nintendo has the monopoly of the market for the size of games using cartridges, they could use a game as big as they liked but Playstation & Xbox still using Bluray discs they can only go to the size of the disc which is a plus. I know a standard bluray disc can hold 50GB's but I also know a PS or Xbox cant use dual layer blurays so the Switch is certainly future proof if they wanted a huge game for example.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking now I suppose Nintendo has the monopoly of the market for the size of games using cartridges, they could use a game as big as they liked but Playstation & Xbox still using Bluray discs they can only go to the size of the disc which is a plus. I know a standard bluray disc can hold 50GB's but I also know a PS or Xbox cant use dual layer blurays so the Switch is certainly future proof if they wanted a huge game for example.
Dual layer BD is 50GB, BDXL is 100 or larger. The PS4 and Xbox One can't read games on BDXL although the Xbox One S can play 4K movies from a BDXL like disc.

Games can support dual layer.

Reactions: Reecey

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They could always use multiple discs if they need to. With the way PS4 and Xbone install the whole game anyway, they could, if smart, just make one disc the play disc and the rest install discs to eliminate the need to swap discs. Or be right assholes and only use one disc and the rest has to be downloaded in a giant patch.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head