need programm to rename mp3

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Youkai, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Hi,

Is there a programm that would allow me to rename my MP3 more easy ? i have "only" 2GB of MP3 but most of them have numbers in the beginning (ex. 01 02 ....). But like this its very hard to find the songs i am searching for and i even noticed that i have some 2 or even 3 times.

But renaming every one manually takes hours ... and i really don't have the patiance to do so.

2. Caoimhin

Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Poland
    Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
    There's a program called "Tag & Rename". I hope it's the kind of application you are searching for.

3. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    that might be what i was searching for but its buy to use, the shareware can not rename the files ... and i think even if there would be a problem cuz its looking at the ID3 tags and cuz i ripped the music myself and was to lazy for some inputs at unrecongnized Disks (and to stupid just to say "make no numbers before the tracks [​IMG]") it might not work with some files ...

best would be a programm that just cuts the first 2 numbers or letters or whatever of choosen files

4. Caoimhin

Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Poland
    Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
    I thought there was at least a trial version for this.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    There are several around (and I think a thread or two already on the subject) but mp3tag is a nice piece of regularly updated freeware that supports just about every format and every tagging method to boot (I use it as a frontent for my music collection) as well as several other choice features (playlists, export lists....):
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Mp3tag.htm

6. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    wow thanks ! that programm works very good. Now i have finaly an order in that chaos [​IMG]

only bad thing is that i now have some (but not much) datas which have a - in the beginning [​IMG]

7. kristijan08

kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    I dunno if this will help, but I've always used "A.F.5 Rename" to mass change file names, it actually gives you a lot of flexibility if you use the drop down boxes correctly (you can enter custom strings even!).

8. dtjesus

dtjesus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2006
    If you just want to remove the numbers from the beginning the Bulk rename utility is the way to go [​IMG]

9. Perplexer

Perplexer GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    ID3-TagIt is my choice... I use it all the time to rename ID3 tags and MP3 filenames.

10. spas

spas GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2006
    mp3 tag is defiantly my fav as mentioned above you can choose to change the order of the filename layout by highlighting the files and pressing alt + 1

$num(%track%,2) - %artist% - %title%

Then you can change the order in which the application renames the files.

I love the freedb.org and amazon.com tagging support which comes in most applications but this one is free!

11. greyhound

greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    Oxford
  12. Kyoji

Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

Apr 15, 2003
    United States
    :'(
    Chalk another one up for MP3 Tag. Best program out there!

13. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    I'm using MP3 Tag Studio. Looks like it does a very similar thing to the ones already mentioned though.

14. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    Do these programs change the file names utomatically because i imported stuff from my ipod and all the file names are "adZB" and just 4 letter combos, The ID3 tags are fine though so i was hoping this would read the ID3 tags and rename them accordingly.

15. Caoimhin

Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Poland
    Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
    Tag & Rename does it automatically. It reads the ID3 tags and renames your files. I think all other programs do the same.

16. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    Cheers, It didnt work for my m4a files any ideas how to fix these?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice