Need Portable USB linux distro

aj421

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need a portable linux distro that is not slax or knoppix becuase i am hacking into a laptop to remove anti executable but there is only one problem our school has 2 types of laptops that they give to the students core 2 duos and centrinos. Knoppix works perfectly on the centrinos(which i have) but it does not show the hard drive on the core 2 duos
wacko.gif
. I need a distro that can let me edit the hdd on a core 2 duo machine (So i can keep my 20 bucks that i made).

aj421

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think the core 2 duos are sata shouldnt they show up on the gui like on the centrino laptops ata
i tried fdisk -l in knoppix it did not list the hdd il try dsl

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a suggestion but a lot of BIOS options involving hardware access that linux likes come disabled for windows use.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try UBCD4WIN. you can use it on a USB drive, and you can load whatever drivers you need because it's a Windows PE environment. chances are, the drivers it comes with will work.

aj421

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try UBCD4WIN. you can use it on a USB drive, and you can load whatever drivers you need because it's a Windows PE environment. chances are, the drivers it comes with will work.

I F***en Love you man i tried BARTPE(like UBCD4WIN) and it loaded right away .

You sir are
bow.gif
[Quake voice] GOD LIKE [/Quake voice]
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots