need new graphic card

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by TaMs, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TaMs
    OP

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    This time i want to buy new graphic card. I have now radeon 9800 pro. Works fine with newer games also, but i think that i'll need one that supports pixel shader 3.0 soon. So any ideas what could be good?

Something what i want from it:
    Need to support pixel shader 3.0
    I want it to be ati if possible, just because i don't like nvidia.
    Has to be agp and cheap one, but not too cheap. Cheap and good is good one for me. [​IMG] ( i don't play so much with pc so i don't need ultra mega super graphic card)
    And finally it has to be better than my current one. (Awesome madness)

2. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    Get an ATI X1950 PRO 256 mb. [​IMG] Its not the best, but itll last you I guess.

3. TaMs
    OP

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    founded "Sapphire Radeon X1950 GT 256 Mt AGP" for 130euros. Do you think that it's a good price? And sapphires "pro" version was 30€ more with 512 memory.
    dunno if sapphires are any good [​IMG]
    Maybe club 3ds x1950 are better. "CLUB 3D X1950 PRO AGP 256MB GDDR-3 HDCP" club 3d is always cool. 168€ :s

4. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    If you don't mind the price, 512mb is better, but 256mb will be fine. Depends on the game you're playing alot though. If I were you i'd check some benchmarks/reviews out to see which one will be worth your while, because i'm not sure which one is better between club3d and sapphire. [​IMG]

Price seems fine btw. A Sapphire X1950 PRO 256mb costs €130 over here. GT version costs 140.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice