Need NDS game for Flight

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Heinrisch, Aug 28, 2006.

Aug 28, 2006

Need NDS game for Flight by Heinrisch at 10:22 PM (3,365 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. Heinrisch
    OP

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    As some of you might now, I am moving/going back to Sweden tomorrow and I have a "very long" flight to look forward to. I just got my DS back and I am now looking for some new games to buy. Can anyone recommend good games for a long flight? I was looking for a good RPG, but I'll settle for almost anything. Is Mario & Luigi Brothers *blabla* time *somthing* worth playing?

Some of the games I have already played:
    Castlevania (only ok)
    Tetis (wifi rocks [​IMG])
    Metoes (fun game)
    All the brain games (only ok)
    New Mario Bros (did not like.. don't hate me [​IMG])
    Trauma Center (fun game)

So please help me! I need you! [​IMG]

2. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Cool! You got it back in time!
    Try a game that has a long story... say Phoenix Wright? [​IMG]

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    YES! "Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time" is the best RPG I've ever played on the DS. I strongly recommend it if you're into long and funny games.
    Phoenix Wright and Ouendan are also good suggestions...

4. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Warioware Touched! is a good game to pass the time. The other passengers may wonder why you are blowing into your DS though [​IMG]

5. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    So far everybody is right. I will add Rub Rabbits and Feel the Magic. funfunfun!

6. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hm I see you didn't like Castlevania: DOS and NSMB that much, my top 2 favorite DS titles. I guess I couldn't recommend you Super Mario 64 DS either, Mario Kart DS maybe but I don't know. Those are 2 other good games I own. The only other game I have is Ultimate Spider-Man and I thought it was shit, kinda frustrating but beatable game with no replay value whatsoever and not much fun included (IMO that is).

It seems we have well different tastes in games and I'm assuming you like the puzzle games alot (which I find very addictive too) but I don't know what to recommend. I would probably say Polarium or Megnetica, which are the only other puzzle games I tried but I didn't like the latter as much as Tetris DS and Meteos. Polarium seemed fun and kinda complicated. Keep in mind I only played the demo of these when they were available and don't know what the full versions are like.

7. sketch143

Member sketch143 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i thought they just banned carrying any kind of electronics into the plane through your hand carry? i heard that you can only bring electronics if you leave it in your luggages.

of course, i may have heard wrong.. but was wondering if anyone else heard the same and if this is true?

i recommend Phoenix Wright and OSu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

8. tolax

Newcomer tolax Advanced Member

United States
    US to UK yesterday with DS Lite

Just no liquids was the only restrictions. [​IMG]

And I played Mario Power Tennis (GBA), Animal Crossing, Tak & the power of Juju, DoomDS - only the shareware version though cause thats all the G6 supports. [​IMG] :

9. tolax

Newcomer tolax Advanced Member

United States
  10. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Could you also take the DS with you onboard when traveling from the UK? Just wondering incase I visit there or anywhere else outside of the US. I was thinking it could be different the other way around but I have no idea, would greatly appreciated if anyone could confirm this. I'd hate to be forced to put my Lite along with the rest of my luggage which gets thrown around alot and would result in a broken system..

11. Blebleman

Member Blebleman GBAtemp Old-Timer

Canada
    Broken system?! Sir, you are talking about a NINTENDO PRODUCT! It is INVINCIBLE!

12. Heinrisch
    OP

Sweden
    They did that the first couple of days and then the ban was lifted. I sure hope they don't start it again [​IMG]

Thanks for all the answer. I'll probably try Mario & Luigi, Polarium, and Phoenix Wright. Thoese three games will hopefully keep me occupied [​IMG] Thanks again!

13. sipoon

Member sipoon GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    ooh....if you like the puzzle/less arcadey type
    try

advanced wars ds (pretty compelling..i been playing for extended hours)
    trace memory (cool story)
    honeycomb beat ( dunno...seem like you could spend a long time playin)

im starting to play the mario and luigi pit ....alright so far, first one seems a bit more fun tho

14. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    I was on a flight from LA to Philly about a month ago and was lucky enough to be sitting next to a girl who was a DS fanatic (like me).

We played Tetris for 3 hours straight, it was amazing! Then 2 hours of Mario Kart. So so fun.

I would seriously have a quick walk up and down the isle and look for anybody else with a DS, it's a lot of fun and makes the flight fly by (no pun intended)

15. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    it astonishes me that your DS got not seized. using ANY device in an airplane which is able to transmit wireless is prohibitted as it can potentially disturbs the devices in the airplane. even laptops with cd-rom drives are disallowed due to the laser inside the cdrom reader.

16. Heinrisch
    OP

Sweden
    Some airplanes actually have a wireless network, with internet, for their costumers to use during flights. What they are doing right now is banning all electronics during take off and landings. During the rest of the flight there are only a few devices, like cellphones, pagers, and gadgets that use GPS that are banned.

17. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    First I've heard of this.....I fly quite often internationally and I always use my laptop in business or coach class (pending on how full the flight is) and Heinrisch is correct, most planes now offer wifi onboard for you to have access to the internet. Been doing this for the last couple years and I haven't had my laptops seized....much less a portable gaming system, just don't use it during takeoff and landing like mentioned.

18. sketch143

Member sketch143 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    JAL even has a wireless network specifically for Nintendo DS. =p for browsing the internet and such.

19. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States

I'd go with "Lost: The Game."

20. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I strongly recommend against mario&luigi partners in time, worst DS game I own. and I own asphalt urban GT.

game for a long flight? I'd recommend animal crossing wild world firstly.
    then perhaps sonic rush or mario kart

honestly, mario & luigi pit is complete trash. IMO atleast, reviews were complete lies to me.

edit-
    fixed [​IMG]