Need nail art design inspirations

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by deathfisaro, Jun 12, 2008.

1. deathfisaro
    OP

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    So yeah, I'm thinking about entering a nail-art contest online. I'm a guy so I'll be using a tip (no I'm not gonna put on the tip either), I have access to airbrush, and I make my own stencils.

The theme is PINK. I need inspirations for a design/concept.

It has to be approachable to public AND pretty (a.k.a. I'm not allowed to do cute pink zombie design)

Note that I can't plagiarize a design, so please don't post a pic and say "do exactly this"

I think it's a little silly I'd think of entering a contest with my first ever nail-art, but I think it's just art on nails so not so much different -the canvas is a little small-

Thanks in advance.

2. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    I haven't slept and it's 7.10am so I'm like a zombie... So zombie? [​IMG]

First thing that came to my mind was pink and daisy!! o.O I totally neglect my nails (hey, I don't bite them though!)

So I'm going to talk rubbish.

Would you prefer a guy-like or girly nails?

Was thinking you could do a (for girly) pink nail polish on all nails then do white dots (one or two on little finger and increasing as you go toward the index finger where you paint a stencil of a white butterfly and paint a daisy with a diamond in the middle. [​IMG]

3. deathfisaro
    OP

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    Girly nails mainly, the judges are all girls (I think) so I'd suck up.

Pink base color and white butterfly and daisy sounds awesome. I was mainly thinking pink to white gradation on all nails so I totally didn't think of pink background and white design.
    Thanks! When I do the nails I'll post a pic =) Gimme up to 2 weeks.

Oh, and I'm thinking about 5 different designs on 5 nails, it's like having 5 times the chance of getting judges' attention =P
    Including your butterfly idea, I have 2 maybe 3 designs made. I still need suggestions please~

4. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    [​IMG] glad you like the idea! Oooh, can't wait to see the design!

[​IMG]

Similar to that, you could try that with the pink and butterfly?

5. deathfisaro
    OP

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    Yeah, airbrushing butterfly is no problem once I make a butterfly stencil (or I'll just mask the rest of nails).

I'm thinking of making like 8 stencils so I can make two-toned flower that sits on one entire nail. (With stems and leaves and such)

Nail art is deeper than I first thought. My chance of winning seems grim =P

Edit: The flower is really cool, what tools/technique did you use to do that? Looks so clean.

6. OrcMonkey©

OrcMonkey© Banned

Banned
    Aug 5, 2007
    looks awesome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice