Need my R4i RTS/GOLD card flashed. Don't have a pre v7.0 firmware console.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Inukami, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Inukami
    OP

Inukami GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure if i can ask this but i have an old R4i RTS card that is very outdated. I downloaded the latest wood kernel and added it to my microsd card but i also need to install the upgrade which i can't run from the 3DS due to it being firmware 7.0+. Apparently Nintendo blocked my certain flashcard in firmware 7.0+. The upgrade would fix that but as i said i dont have a 3DS v6.0 or lower firmware to run the flashcard on and start the upgrade. Is there anyone in the USA that can help me out if i ship + pay return stamp? It's not a big deal as i plan on getting a Gateway card but i wouldn't mind having a backup flashcard for DS games.

Last edited by Inukami, Oct 24, 2015
  2. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    I can do it if you feel comfortable shipping it to me.

3. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    I don't know if you have cia support, but if you do, you could install one of the blacklist removers.

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You have a 3DS with kernel, just download Gateway's files and install the fixbluecard.cia, it makes patched R4 cards work again.

5. Inukami
    OP

Inukami GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2009
    United States
    i have the bluecard fix already but it's not playing. I tried booting up the R4i and it gives me the error message

Last edited by Inukami, Oct 25, 2015
  6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I think the card may be a knock off since it has the sticker of the update rts card but the game icon doesn't match the normal game. Keep trying different kernels since that's all it could be other then a bad r4 card