Need more evidence about the decline of the DS-X?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by dib, Jul 18, 2007.

Jul 18, 2007
  1. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    http://support.ds-x.com/view.php?id=1861

This was the support ticket for the compatibility issue with some commercial games (Zelda-Sim City-Hoshigama)

The hilarity is that the support tracker has always allowed reports of commercial games and was treated seperately than the forum. There are reports of games like Castlevania, Rocket Slime, and so forth on there and it was never a problem in the past. Whenever such an error existed, you were supposed to take it up on the tracker to let them know.

Just look at that history, he came in and gutted all the posts and locked it to silence criticisms, and _referenced the forum rules as justification_. They used to be seperate but I guess they'll do anything to pretend like the product isn't failing or that people aren't complaining.

So now whenever future games show that there are problems with the DS-X, what are you supposed to do? You can't post in the forum, and now you can't start a support ticket. They would much rather plug their ears and cover their eyes than listen, and you'll just get modded if you try to raise an objection.

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Pathetic actions by the team. That's why I moved to the R4 - much better, support is great, updates are fast. DS-X is going down the drain. [​IMG]

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Supposedly the next firmware is coming out soon. We'll just have to see.

4. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=5110

Here's my response to Rabid...

As the one that used said term "banhammer" and did note not one but two closed threads that I posted in/started, and then found myself banned for asking why the team couldn't explain the missing posts, and the lack of clear updates.

I am curious how you exactly plan to explain this to me so that I can understand.

The moderators, essentially to most end-users the face of the team, have called us criminals amongst other things.

Now let me get this straight... We buy your product, we support your product, and you can't have the common courtesy to listen to what we have to say?

You do delete posts that make the underlying unrest within the community that anyone visiting this forum normally would see. Yet you say you didn't.

Remember that post when people asked for the things promised when they purchased the DS-X? The easy skinability, the cross-platform support, etc...?
    Funny how those are missing.

Yes, we know, no ROM discussion, you are supposedly a US-based company and can get sued to high heaven if Nintendo figures out that people are using your device to play pirated games, and discussion is the same as condoning it. Okay, point taken. You deleted those. That makes sense, you guys have to cover your own butt. But at least come up with what you promised your customers in the first place.

And enough about these "antagonizing customers"... Certainly, I am for the most part was happy with my purchase of the DS-X... Sure there were a few snags, but most of them got worked out. Except the whole "great customer service" part. You treat your own customers like garbage, and call us about the same. You need us, and I wish you people would start acting like it.

I have voiced here and elsewhere that the update/firmware policy is stupid. It was stupid when you people were first on the market (protecting your IP from competition) and is especially foolish knowing that you aren't even in the top three anymore as so far as flashcarts go. Now you can continue saying "it's policy, we don't release when the firmware comes out, we don't give changelogs, etc, etc..." But clearly, that isn't working to your favor.

Moreover, you are losing customers. People that already purchased your cart, upset by the treatment and lack of support, have been abandoning ship and selling the cart at a huge loss, just to get away from it. And yet we have a moderator telling us "go ahead, sell it, we don't care". You should care. That's the point. You need customers to survive. And you know what the best selling point is? Customer service and word of mouth advertising. You are failing in one, and trust me, most people aren't praising the DS-X anymore. You guys are going to get your score lowered on GBATemp because of the hush-hush mindset and the crummy support.

Start treating your customers like customers and not like shit, which is what you have been doing. Correct the problems, open up a dialog with us, I'm sure more than a few people could help you people out if you have firmware issues, programming problems, whatever. We want support on the product that we already BOUGHT. Stop worrying about pushing out the newest greatest DS-X. Worry about your current consumer base, because guess who you want to think "upgrade"? Yeah, that's right, us.

Am I going to get banned again for this? Is this post going to go poof? Maybe. Hopefully not. Hopefully you guys will read this and think, "gee, there are a lot of pissed folks out there. Instead of pissing them off further, maybe we should try to sort this out, and see what we can do, so that we can eventually sell them whatever our new product is".

Please say that you'll at least think about opening a dialog with your customers. Trust me, it would only be a good thing.

5. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    True, and unfortunately their mods can't seem to distinguish between thought out posts and the ones that go nowhere.

They're really going to drive this product into the ground at this rate, until they want to reexamine some of these principles. But I get the impression it's more important to pretend like nothing is broken, nobody on their side has ever been wrong, and so forth.

The fact that they're modding the tracker with the forum rules now just shows that future incompatibilities may not even be approached at all.

6. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    love the reply jester; the thread seems to be going pretty good so far. hope it keeps up!

7. alanchiz

Newcomer alanchiz Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Actually, the support tracker has always had the same rules as the forum, they just seemed to be a bit more lenient there sometimes.