need lcd screen. any ideas

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by shortz1994, Jun 28, 2011.

Jun 28, 2011
  1. shortz1994
    OP

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ok so about three months ago, i got a samsung 40" lcd. love this tv when it worked. three weeks later my son had a fit, a his hot wheel went flying an made the tv a real 3d tv. no not his fault he has autism.
    so i packed my tv back in the box an put it in the closet. been trying to find one, but been having a hard time doing so. an not sure if a different brand name lcd screen is compatible. (cheaper). i would love to have it back. tiered of using our old discolored 1995 27" tv. thanks for any help. yes i tried ebay, amozon, an even samsung's main site.. they have every part for this tv but the damn screen.

2. Ace

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    *reads text*
    *looks at username*

3. shortz1994
    OP

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

4. Ace

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    I guess you could sell the broken screen, or ravage it for spares and sell them. Other than that, I guess getting a replacement is your better choice. Along with an insurance, probably.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    no one if going to buy the broken panel alone, if it was with the rest of the tv then yes
    I see a few panels going for $200-400 in the 40" size

looking at this, its probably going to be more cost effective to get a brand new tv to even bother with something that might not work
    how much did you pay for the tv and what the exact model was?

you might also want to pick up a piece of thick clear plastic at home depot and mount it over the tv screen to protect it from any more accidents