1. Jinpei

OP Jinpei Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello Everyone,

Actually I want to play 2 Japanese 3ds Rom with a Sky3ds+ card, but my european 3DS didn't detect the rom on the SD card, but it detected succesfully other european 3DS rom.
    I also tried the sky3ds+ card (with 3ds japanese rom on it) on a japanese 3DS, but the game didn't show.

I don't understand why the japanese 3ds didn't detect the jpn rom of the sky3ds.

Why the japenese 3ds doesn't detect japanese rom on the sky3ds+ ?
    Please , if you have any information linked to japenese 3ds or japenese rom or sky3ds+, can you share it with me ? it will be helpfull for me . Maybe is it the 3ds's firmware version is too recent now ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Last edited by Jinpei, Sep 23, 2020
  2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Install cfw. This should solve your problem.

3. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    @Jinpei Sky3DS is not able to load out-from-region roms (isn't "region free" per se).

If you want that, then you need to install a CFW first, as was said to you above

TurdPooCharger and Jinpei like this.
  4. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Make sure the rom you have is a clean .3ds file, not a .cia file or a modded .3ds file (which are for Gateway). There's no reason for it not to work on Japanese console if the rom is NTSC-J.

Jinpei and fmkid like this.
  5. fmkid

Colombia
  6. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    Yep, I have a Sky3DS for use with the 3DS I don't want to mod, and I had some issues before updating the firmware.

Jinpei likes this.
  7. Jinpei

OP Jinpei Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Thank you everyone for your answer !

I didn't want to install a CFW because it was too tricky and I am scared to damage my 3DS, that's why I want to make it work with a sky3ds+. But if it is really not region free, I will be sad

Yes you're right, I saw a youtube video where japenese rom dump was working on japanese 3DS, so I was surprised to see that it wasn't working for me .

Please can you tell me how I can check if it is a clean 3DS rom ?
    For example a decrypted 3DS rom with english patch
    Is it a clean rom ?

Thanks for the share !

Yes a retro gameshop seller told me maybe the firmware version was blocking, but now I don't know where I can buy

fmkid likes this.
  8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    No, a clean rom is one dumped by GM9 (or equivalent good dumper) and not modified afterwards*

* there are exceptions like trimming and inserting headers, but they do not modify any significant data, and are best ignored until you master the above concept

9. fmkid

Colombia
    @Jinpei Well, install a CFW now it's really not any tricky after all. It's really simple and free.

And it's understandable if you don't want to perform it and only you can stand with the mere flashcard, but there's that restriction about region anyway.

Jinpei likes this.
  10. Jinpei

OP Jinpei Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes I just checked that on another post, and I saw that if a rom can work on a sky3ds it is precised in the information of the rom.
    So now I can't do anything.

Yes you're right, i don't have any choice now , I will have to use a CFW in the futur.
    Thank you for your answer and all those explanation !

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Information, Nintendo, Japenese