need info about MarioKart Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ace90099, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. ace90099
    OP

Newcomer ace90099 Member

United States
    I just bought Mario kart but when I put the game in it says I need a system update to play it. Well Nintendo just released a new system menu up-date that is anti homebrew so I just want to make sure that using the mario kart update won't kill my homebrew.

so the question is will using mario kart kill my homebrew?

2. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

As far as I know. Games do not come with firmware updates. Just small updates to make the games run properly.

Anyways Mario Kart is an old game so if it did update something it won't be anything new so it's totally safe and needed to play the game.

3. ashesburn

Member ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If it's the same region, there shouldn't be a problem in terms of bricking.

And like saulin mentioned, Mario Kart Wii came out like half a year ago. The update that came with it should be 3.2. Shouldn't cause any problems to homebrew.

4. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    What version are you on? If the answer is 3.2X then use starfall to skip the update [​IMG]

5. ace90099
    OP

Newcomer ace90099 Member

United States
    Thanks for the help. And yea the update was just for the game but gecko OS work great to skip the update but it was required to run the kart channel. so i installed it anyways.