Need Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by RiotShooter, Jul 16, 2007.

Jul 16, 2007

Need Help by RiotShooter at 10:28 PM (821 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. RiotShooter
    OP

Member RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am considering buying a wiikey but i am a little confused right now. What type of media is the best for buring the wii ISOs on?? I've heard that dvd-r is better than dvd+r. is that true?? Is there a certain dvd burner that does better than others?? the one i currently have is some phillips brand one?? and for the burning program, i have clonedvd2 is that a good one or not?? i've read that there is a free one that alot of people recomend is that a good one?? thx for any help u guys provide.

2. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Well although your post was a little annoying with all the ??s, I'll try to help you out.

The DVD + and - thing is sort of your own preference. I burn most of my Wii backups on Sony DVD-Rs, and they work very well, I never get DREs. However, I have a few +r backups and they work just fine.

DVD burners shouldn't really affect much with burning, and Phillips drives are pretty well known for successful backup burns.

IMGburn is a free burning program that, in my, and other people's opinion works very well and does the job without having to bog down your system with bloatware.

3. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    I would recommend using good media like verbatim 16x dvd-r or Taiyo Yuuden premium 8x dvd-r. There are no real evidence that dvd-r is better than dvd+r, they both work with the wiikey. The phillips burner that you have will be just fine. Clonedvd2 or clonecd will work for burning backups. The free program that people talk about is ImgBurn, it's a great program for burning isos(highly recommended).

4. RiotShooter
    OP

United States
  5. RiotShooter
    OP

United States
    ohh i forgot something. what would be a good burning rate? 2x, 4x, etc

6. aslacker55

United States
    I burn at 4x and I haven't had a coaster yet.

7. RiotShooter
    OP

United States
    i've been looking at the media u listed and the lowest i price per disc i have found is 00.27 for the taiyo premium. is that a descent price?

8. aslacker55

United States
    I bought mine at at Meritline for that much.

9. RiotShooter
    OP

United States
    okay. thank you so much for your help.