Hardware Need Help

ryler224

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Nintendo 3ds brand new and I found one on Ebay that is sealed in box which is on bid. And from what I see is that the guy didn't put the 3ds in the 3ds category so it doesn't have many bids on it and it's still quite cheap so if it stays that way should I buy it or its a trap. Another thing is that the seller has only one feedback.

But the main reason I want to buy it is because I want to play Nintendo DS games on it through a flash card. The 3ds is a early 2015 model, so will I be able to run a flash card on it and play Nintendo DS games or not? And if so then how?

Thanks in Advance
I'm a total noob so please be easy on me

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do it! Only one feedback... Most of those people are scammers.
Pro tip: Buy a used 3ds from a local store or somewhere nearby your town, softmod, enjoy.

I agree with this guy... Don't trust ebay sellers with only 1 feedback on anything costing more than you're willing to lose entirely. Buying expensive electronics from someone with no feedback, hoping to get a good deal will end as a costly lesson.

Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

ryler224

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do it! Only one feedback... Most of those people are scammers.
Pro tip: Buy a used 3ds from a local store or somewhere nearby your town, softmod, enjoy.

I agree with this guy... Don't trust ebay sellers with only 1 feedback on anything costing more than you're willing to lose entirely. Buying expensive electronics from someone with no feedback, hoping to get a good deal will end as a costly lesson.

Thanks for the advise. What kind of Nintendo 3ds do I need to play Nintendo DS games on it through a flash card?? I don't want to open the system and mod it.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advise. What kind of Nintendo 3ds do I need to play Nintendo DS games on it through a flash card. I don't want to open the system and mod it.

Any will work, but if you get one that comes with firmware v.11.0.0 or v.11.1.0 then your only options for downgrading are either DSiWare via a system transfer from another already hacked 3DS, or via soldering in a hard mod... There's a list here on reddit of serial numbers for new systems (they're printed on a sticker on the box), or ebay for a used one, and ask them to check and tell you what version it is first (But tell them not to update!!!) Basically any system FW <= 10.7.0 can be soft-modded without opening it up, but the easiest are the ones already on firmware v.9.x.0 or v.10.x.0 as they're the best documented.

If you want a flashcard for DS games you'd want just any of the cheap ($10-15ish) R4 cards, as they have the best battery life (DSTwo is /awful/ about battery, and $40 or some crap. I have one and bought an R4i in addition anyway) It doesn't really matter which one you get, since even if they've been blocked, you can unblock them on a modded 3DS.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advise. What kind of Nintendo 3ds do I need to play Nintendo DS games on it through a flash card?? I don't want to open the system and mod it.
For DS games any modern competent card should support the latest OFW by default. The best price point right now is about $20 USD for the R4i Gold 3ds.

As for downgrading and CFW (and not really related to DS games via flashcard), most O3DS system should be fine, but N3DS systems are starting to ship with 11.0. I can verify the New Galaxy Style is guaranteed to come with 11.0, and most other newer limited edition consoles will also be on 11.0.
Even some of the standard color N3DS consoles are shipping with 11.0, so you will want to buy from a store that has slow turnover to hopefully get one that is on 10.7 or lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1