Hacking Need Help with Wii U's vWii Homebrew

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently just tried out revision r79 (Latest at the time) of Nintendon't and played Super Smash Bros. Melee. Now, already knowing that it's not perfect, it froze (expected). However I had to unplug and replug in my Wii U since I couldn't hold the power button or press the designated power button on my PS3 controller. (Done this plenty of times before, no issue)

I then went back to the homebrew channel to try a different method to see if Super Smash Bros. Melee would work. Unfortunately, the homebrew channel would not load. I thought to myself, I may need to just reinstall it. No biggie. Didn't feel like doing all of that so I went to a previously installed channel (VBAGX) to play something. However, that froze. I then came to the conclusion that no homebrew would play at all (previously installed wads work, as well as wii discs. It's still playable, just cant use any homebrew apps)

SO I decided to bust out the ol smash stack and reinstall it. Now, I tried it. But when it got to the disclaimer screen before pressing 1 shows up, it stayed there. It does take time so I decided to watch a half hour show. It still didnt show up. Turns out it froze. Tried it again, waited a good enough time (that patience tho) yet it still never showed up.

In conclusion, I've lost the ability to run any form of homebrew applications since my Wii U froze from using Nintendon't R79 and Playing Melee. If anyone has any ideas as to what I can do (it pretty much seems to say its kill) please let me know. I've been brewing since the wii so I understand most things so be as technical as you want.

tl;dr I tried Melee with Nintendont. Froze. Unplugged/Replugged Wii U. Homebrew apps don't work. Homebrew installers don't work. What do?

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of formatting then reinstalling (the only way I can possibly see this working in the first place) But if that IS the only option then i'll just have to do it. I'm still stumped to find out exactly how that affected my ability to use homebrew apps, yet absolutely nothing else is damaged in anway way shape or form.

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HUGE (and really questionable) change. So, I remembered that I had a ps3 controller connected to my Wii U (cuz nintendon't) I tried unplugging it to see if that was why it wasn't loading. Believe it or not, Now I can access my Homebrew apps again. So, case closed, yet that leaves one very important question.

Why does having a PS3 Controller connected to the Wii U BEFORE Turning it on disable the use of Homebrew apps? It may be something to do with USB or HID or something. It may be because Nintendo doesnt want non ninty stuff connected to it. I really don't know. Either way it's fixed. Thanks for the input though. If this problem happens to someone else I'll be sure to report it since it is nintendont related.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i can tell you this is random, i also use nintendont and i have to pull the plug often when testing games and once i couldnt enter homebrew channel for like 5 tries in a row i think its due to the hard shutdown or something well 6 time worked and hasnt failled yet, all i can say is due to pulling the plug on the wiiu,it has a very low chance of happening but it can happen i tested alot of games with ps3 controller and such and only happened to me once since r40 when i started, it isnt permanat issue atleast mine got fixed without doing anything just retyring while shutingdown the wiiu normaly and booting it up again and acessing homebrew

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the same thing >.>
Wii U Brew mine as well be down since it hasn't been updated since december 2012 lol.
Not sure why the page was even made if they are just going to exploit it and not release anything.

I'm not blaming anyone or complaining, just confused. Anyways, yes people suck at creating proper thread titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0