Need help with vWii gc adapter for project M

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by ada010, Mar 7, 2018.

1. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    No worries! Take your time @wilm0x42. If the improved IOS compatibility results in cIOS support, PM launcher compatibility wouldn't be critical since custom ISOs could be built.

2. wilm0x42

wilm0x42 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    United States
    Well, one of the biggest motives I've had in this project is making PM more accessible, which means the least knowledgeable user (No homebrew channel installed, launching the PM launcher straight from smash stack) is still a big concern to me. I don't want to forget about them any more than about you guys. I'll definitely put out a v0.2 as soon as USB loaders work, though!

(Of course the other motive was me being able to play PM on a non-gc-compatible wii. :P :P)

frogboy and JacobM like this.
  3. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    I keep forgetting the smash stack route is still used. I'm more of a lazy gamer. If I can avoid getting up to change discs, I will :P

Good luck with everything! After this week I am available to test things out if needed.

I don't think Smash Stack switches the IOS

Last edited by JacobM, May 14, 2018
  4. wilm0x42

wilm0x42 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    United States
    Not Smash Stack, the Project M Launcher.
    Supposedly, the PM launcher enables the use of SDHC cards with Brawl (Specifically when using the file patch code that most Brawl hacks use.)
    That, paired with some suspicious behaviour of IOS_Open() when launched this way, is what leads me to believe this is the case.
    It wouldn't explain everything, but it would make sense.

Also-- thanks, testing is much appreciated!

JacobM likes this.
  5. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    I believe IOS 36 supports SDHC natively, it is Brawl's programming which disables SDHC (for whatever reason). I think mods like PM just remove that check/disable function built into Brawl natively. To my knowledge, no IOS switch is ever done from the point you boot Brawl to the point PM boots, but that IOS_Open is suspicious. I'll see if I can come up with a way to poll the active IOS.

I haven't tinkered with Dolphin much, but shouldn't it be possible to see if any IOS file is read by the OS in the few seconds between Smash Stack and the launcher loading?

EDIT: eh, maybe I'm wrong... aparently SDHC didn't make it to the system menu until IOS 60 / System Menu 4.0

Not sure if this is relevant... https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10663#note-2

Last edited by JacobM, May 14, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice