Need help with VBA on a PAL Wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by a3HeadedMonkey, Aug 27, 2008.

Aug 27, 2008
  1. a3HeadedMonkey
    OP

Newcomer a3HeadedMonkey Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me?

I've recently just hacked my Wii with the Twilight Hack & am enjoying messing around with the emulators. The only problem is I'm having difficulty getting VBA to work properly. When I start it up, the Wii remote's blue light goes off & I see the main rom list. Then as soon as the remote's light comes back on to sync up, I get a code dump. It's very frustrating.

The only way for me to avoid the code dump it to pull the batteries out of my wii remote as fast as I can, right after I've clicked on load on the VBA launch screen. The only trouble with that though is I'm stuck with the GC controller only because if I turn the Wii remote back on I get the code dump immediately. I don't want to be stuck with just the GC pad as it's control on VBA is sketchy to say the least.

I know VBA is supposed to support the Wii remote, GC & classic pad.. so what's going wrong?! [​IMG]

If any one has any info on what the problem is, it'd be very welcome. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. a3HeadedMonkey
    OP

United Kingdom
    Really? There's no one out there that can help me with this? [​IMG]

3. Hellz

Newcomer Hellz Member

United States
    Have you tried a simple format of your SD Card, and re-downloading the latest release of VBA (v1.7.2 I think off the top of my head) with and without frameskip, and try them both. Disconnect the GC controller and the classic pad too, and just use the WiiMote for controls.

4. a3HeadedMonkey
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I've tried all those things. It's totally baffling me as to why it's doing it. [​IMG] I've seen some other guy on another forum have the same problem. Gets a code dump every time if he leaves the batteries in his wiimote on the rom selection screen.