1. KatieOoT

OP KatieOoT Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi, I'll try to explain this the best I can! (:

I have a smaller sized wii game file in .wbfs format on a 4GB fat32 HDD and the game works great on CFG loader.

I put an over 4GB sized .wbfs file on my 16GB NTFS formatted HDD (since fat32 cant have files over 4gb) and CFG loader wont even load past the start screen. I tried loading the game in WiiFlow and after loading the game I just get a black screen.

What can I do?

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Have you tried splitting the game? You can do that with WiiBackupManager, getting two files (.wbfs and .wbf1, if I'm not mistaken). But a big file (over 4GB) on NTFS should also work with CFG. I never had any problems, and I don't split big files. What game is it, out of curiosity?

3. KatieOoT

OP KatieOoT Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Would you do that with a computer program? I never really had to split a file before..
    Yeah it's pretty weird it's not working, I think it's just my bad luck haha! It's The Last Story

4. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Try here, Katie, for the PC program. http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/
    It's pretty straightforward to use. That way, you can also try with a FAT32 partition, to see if it makes any difference.

5. KatieOoT

OP KatieOoT Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Okay so that worked but I'm still getting the same problem either way with WiiFlow & CFG Loader. This USB runs gamecube games perfectly so this is getting annoying, haha!

6. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Could be you just have a bad copy of the game. Get another copy / rip to HDD from disc.

7. KatieOoT

OP KatieOoT Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Tried again and the same problems occur. I think it might just be this USB stick.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loaders, format,