Hacking Need help with Trucha Bug Restorer 1.14

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I recently just installed homebrew on my Wii from 4.3U using the lovely guide here on GBATemp: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

However, upon trying to install cMIOS so I can play Gamecube ISOs, I noticed I needed the Trucha Bug Restorer in order to install it. So, I downloaded Trucha Bug Restorer 1.14 and could not install it for some reason. I picked Download from NUS in both options when attempting a downgrade, but it refuses to cooperate. I am on a Mac right now so are there any programs that would help me? If you guys need specifics, I'd be more than happy to provide them.

PS: Also encountered an issue trying to put an ISO for Xenoblade Chronicles on my SD card. Apparently, it doesn't like FAT32. How do I change it to NTFS or WBFS on a Mac so I can put it on or can I do it without changing the file type? Or must I wait until I have access to my PC?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

I think I need to make a few corrections in your way of thinking. It's okay...when you start out, there are a lot of things you don't know.
smile.gif

You won't be able to play gamecube ISO's on SD or USB. Maybe in the future (it's a project called dios mios lite), but for now, it's not an option. If you have an older drive, you can use backup discs with a loader called neogamma. The full details (including the installation of cMIOS) can be found here (don't worry: it may say "beta" and "test", but this proggy is more stable than many retail releases
smile.gif
).

Second: FAT32 is the preferred way for backup games, but as you found out, you can't just use an iso you found on the internet. It needs to be converted to .wbfs files first. This can best be done with wii game manager or wii backup manager (I don't know if they are mac-compatible). The advantage is that they not only scrub out the empty data (games are seldom exactly 4.7 gigabytes in size), but they'll break it into parts as well (FAT32 has a size limit of 4GB. Xenoblade is probably larger...this means it'll create a .wbfs and a .wbf1 file).

If you really don't want to convert, you have to format your drive in NTFS. Sorry, but I have no idea how to do that on a MAC. I must also mention that homebrew (including the game loader needed for loading the games) must be run from a FAT32 drive. You can use the SD card, but if you put everything on FAT32, you don't even need that one.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trucha Bug Restorer only goes up to 1.13 and it does not work for 4.3, you need something else. Check out ModMii.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys for your assistance, especially you, Wever!

Question: where do I put Virtual Console games? I managed to obtain a few on a site and I want to play them.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorlin said:
Thank you guys for your assistance, especially you, Wever!

Question: where do I put Virtual Console games? I managed to obtain a few on a site and I want to play them.

You can insall them with YAWM ( yet another wadmanger )
Make sure you have some kind of brick protection or make sure the .wad is a valid file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol