Equin0xxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello users out there,

I got a important question. I have a 3DS XL 4.5 and use it with GW (Emunand 9.4). I want to switch to a N3DS XL, because GW is usable on there. Now I want to save my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Savedata (over 200 hrs of playing) and import it later on the N3DS XL (ofc in GW, too). Now I want to figure out, how to save the files from MH4U, since the Savedatafiler says CRT broken and I can't export the save files. I have some save files on my SD Card already, but I'm not sure, if these are my MH4U saves (a way to prove it, without risking anything?).

Is there a way to export the savefiles from the .3dz and later import it againt into the same .3dz file on the N3DS XL?

Short info-list:

3DS XL (BLUE) sysnand 4.5 / Emunand 9.4
32 GB MicroSD (Games) and 4 GB SD in the 3DS XL
Can use every GW feature

Thanks for the (hopefully) coming answers.

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you need a N3DS first right? You are gonna want to move on that sooner rather than later to ensure you get one with 9.2 or lower.

If your save for MH4U is on emunand, and you want to do a system transfer to your N3DS emunand, then the save would carry over. The only issue right now is emunand 9.6 is not working, and you would need to update them to do the system transfer.

Also is MH4U a eShop game or is it downloaded?

Nevermind, you have MH4U on your Gateway. It stays on there, you should be fine.

Equin0xxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the save is on the actual MH4U .3dz rom? That means on the micro SD which is in the GW Card?

Edit: Yes I want to get it in the next few days, but I have to sell my normal 3DS XL for it, which I have right now

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It will be on the same SD card, not the .3dz rom itself if I remember correctly. But as long as you don't format the card you should be fine.

I'd highly suggest trying to get the New 3DS before selling just in case you get a version that is not compatible. Nothing worst than selling your 3DS that works with GW, and getting one that doesn't.

Equin0xxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes. It will be on the same SD card, not the .3dz rom itself if I remember correctly. But as long as you don't format the card you should be fine.

I'd highly suggest trying to get the New 3DS before selling just in case you get a version that is not compatible. Nothing worst than selling your 3DS that works with GW, and getting one that doesn't.

Wow ok. That seems a bit odd to me, that the save file is on the same MicroSD Card as the game. Shouldn't it be on the big SD Card which came with the 3DS? I would still like to backup the save on my PC, just for safety - you got an option, how to do this?

Unfortunately there is now way around selling my 3DS XL first. But I will ofc check Serial Numbers etc. to guarantee, that I get a compatible one.

Equin0xxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh ok. So no need to export with Savedatafiler like with Pokemon? As said, there are some Save files on my big SD card, but I can't tell which file belongs to which game, is there a way to check? For safety, I will copy the whole SD card on my PC. Thanks for the help!

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think MH4U is one of the games that saves with extra data? I might be wrong. You'd need to use SDF to export the extra data for the game assuming you need it. The .sav file on the big SD card alone won't be enough

Easiest way to check for extra data is to go into your system settings and data management, then see if there's an entry for MH4U. Only do this if your sysnand and emunand are unlinked otherwise it could erase the data

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for barging in ^^

I have a problem with my Pokemon Shuffle save (the game is the cia-Version).
Its always corrupted on my n3ds (after sys transfer). But I still have the savegame on my o3ds. So is there a way to get the save to the n3ds? I tried backing it up with Savedatafiler and importing it on the n3ds but it always says the save ist corrupted. I also tried moving the savegame from cia to 3dz which didnt work either (maybe I'm just to stupid for this)

@Eqiuin: Since you are in Germany (if your flag is correct :-) ) and you want to buy a N3DS check out "Müller". The n3ds xl is 189Euro and the n3ds 159Euro. So you can save 10Euro (But be sure to check the Version Number before buying (for an exploitable system) :-)

Equin0xxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think MH4U is one of the games that saves with extra data? I might be wrong. You'd need to use SDF to export the extra data for the game assuming you need it. The .sav file on the big SD card alone won't be enough

Easiest way to check for extra data is to go into your system settings and data management, then see if there's an entry for MH4U. Only do this if your sysnand and emunand are unlinked otherwise it could erase the data

The Problem is, that SDF doesn't let me export - it says: CTR Card -- broken -- (unlike in Pokémon for example). What do you mean with "unlinked"?

Here a picture
IMG_20150325_191255.jpg

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTR card extracting is for retail carts or card2 games, I'm not sure what you're trying to do there. If MH4U only uses user data, it will be on your big SD card as 0004000000126100.sav assuming you have the EU version

The question is if MH4U utilizes extra save data, which I think would be under ext. Check ext for 01261 and see if you can export it if it's there at all, it might not be

Do you also have a cia installed?

Equin0xxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CTR card extracting is for retail carts or card2 games, I'm not sure what you're trying to do there. If MH4U only uses user data, it will be on your big SD card as 0004000000126100.sav assuming you have the EU version

The question is if MH4U utilizes extra save data, which I think would be under ext. Check ext for 01261 and see if you can export it if it's there at all, it might not be

Do you also have a cia installed?

I didn't know about card 1 and 2 games before. Yes under ext, there is 00001261. I exported it and now have a ExtData and ExtDataBoss folder on my big SD card. Beside the two new folders, there is also a 0004000000126100.sav and 0004000e00126100.cia in the root folder. Seems like I now have everything I need, right?

Can you tell me, what would be the next step, when I get my N3DS in the next few days? It feels like I'm on the right way now - thanks for that :)

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next step is get N3DS setup for gateway. Once it is, you just copy the .sav file and extdata folders to the N3DS's microSD (the one inside the system) and then use SDF to import the extdata. After that you can delete the extdata folder (keep a backup though until verified that everything installed correctly)

0004000e00126100.cia is an update file, presumably 1.1. You want to copy that over too so you can reinstall it, but you don't need to keep it once it has been installed. CIAs are like installation .exes, once the software is installed, you can delete the .cia unless you want to keep it for backup purposes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.