Hacking Need help with the Super card SD for the GBA SP

MauriceX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I'm new here so if I make some mistakes please correct me.

I bought a GBA flash cart, the Super Card SD and I use it in my GBA SP model AGS-001.

Most of the games work correclty, and the ones that didn't worked after some SRAM patching with GBATA.

But there's this damn game that just won't work in the weirdest way ever.
It's Mother 1+2, the recently made english patch.

The patch is complete but hasn't been finished, still, the bugs are more translation errors than tecnical ones so it shouldn't interfere at all with the game's performance ina flash cart.

The game litterally plays perfectly from start to finish but everytime you try any of the button combinations (L+R+SELECT+A for saving, L+R+B+SELECT for save-states or L+R+START+´SELECT for closing the game) it just crashes the system, and you have to turn it on again, the screen just goes blank.

The weird thing is that I can't seem to find any referenmce to this in any forums, I can't be the only one that wants to play that game, it's kida well known.
Every post that refers to this game in the flash cart is from people asking if there's a way to play the original SNES version in a GBA, but that's impossible with this flash cart in particular.

The weird thing is that it doesn't just fail to save, it litterally crahses the thing and it's the only one to do this.

I already tried:
*Downloading an already patched rom (does the same thing, so the guy that made it must've used the same base rom I did, and there's only one link to an already patched rom.)
*Paching it myself (one time I managed to pull out the save state menu, but it happned the game's main menu so it wouln't have worked anyways, and when I tried again ingame it crashed as ussual.)
*Disabling the real time save function (save states)
*Disabling regular saves and leaving only states
*Patching SRAM (rom was already patched)
*Updating firmware (It's already in the lastest version)
*Trying and patching different roms (didnt make a difference)

I already know that this isn't the most optimal flash card but is the one I have, and I also know that the compatibility isn't the best, but it's kinda wird that this game in particular is the only one that crashes like this, even worse Mother 3, wich is 5 times more complex works perfectly fine.

If there is some way to play the SNES version of Mother 2 tell me please, even tough I don't think there is. I just want to play that game, since the NES mother 1 is playable via the NES emulator that the flash card includes, but still, I cannot play Mother 2 since there isn't any way to emulate SNES in this flash card, making the only way to play it be by using this port with a translated patch.

Sorry for my terrible english, I'm not a atvie speaker.

If you need anything else please tell me, I'll try to respond.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by MauriceX, , Reason: removed rom site name

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
Why not just use the in-game save mechanics, instead of trying to fix the carts save-state feature? If the game plays well and this is the only thing not working, I would guess its a problem with the translation patch.

Reactions: zxr750j

MauriceX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Remove any piracy sites by name from your post and u should of got a EZ-Flash Omega
Sorry, I didnt realize I couldnt do that (kinda dumb on My part) I just removed the part with the site with the rom

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not just use the in-game save mechanics, instead of trying to fix the carts save-state feature? If the game plays well and this is the only thing not working, I would guess its a problem with the translation patch.
It's not that easy. The thing is that when You save ingame the .sav file in the sd card doesnt update. The way You save is by saving ingame and then pressing a Button combinación to Open a menu that manually updates the .sav file in the card. The problem is that when You try and Open the menú the console crahses, wich only happens with this game. And about getting another cart, it isnt an option since the one I got was litterally the only one a alible in the equivalent of Amazon in My country and I just don't have the money to play for import duties and Buy one in Amazon ir Ebay, since the pandemic Made it 3 times more expensive, and even before the current world situation buying in another country and importing it was crazy expensive

Reactions: Alexander1970

GValiente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In your country, how much are the supercard sd and newer flash cards like the ez flash omega, for example?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn