need help with the process of being able to play GC backups..

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AlexOrvis, Sep 4, 2011.

1. AlexOrvis
    OP

Newcomer AlexOrvis Newbie

Canada
    yes im a total noob, but im trying here! [​IMG]

i have a version 4.3U wii, i need help starting from the very begining, i downloaded homebrew on my wii, and my goal is to play burnt gamecube games..

after reading and watching millions of tutorials i have gathered that i need ios236, cios 249, either GC backup launcher or NeoGamma to play burnt GC games.

so, i downloaded ios236(says its installed but im not sure? lol).. downloaded cios249 and had some troubles with installing it and cant seem to figure it out.. i use ios36(tutorials tell me to either use the ios236 i just installed, or ios 36, it doesnt give me the option to use ios236? so i just used ios36) then network to install and when it gets to "installing Custom IOS, please wait.." right before finishing, i get an error, then it says finishing installing then restarts?

i heard from somewhere else that you need trucha signer to download ios249? but theres very little info of it on the web [​IMG]
    so i have only downloaded the rar file for trucha signer and havent done anything with it cuz i dont really know what to do with it, or if i just got mislead.

THIS IS SO CONFUSING!
    lmao

so can anyone out there help me? do i need trucha? if so how do i use and install it? lmao i attempted to look it up but something about a key.bin? and downloading a keyseacher thing cuz its illeagal to give out the key.bin or something? lol..

how did you get your backups to work? if you can tell me like a step by step from the begining thatd be perfection and i shall be forever in your debt!

2. AlexOrvis
    OP

Newcomer AlexOrvis Newbie

Canada
    Oh, and ive also attemped installing mios but it just initializes network forever and doesnt stop.. ive had it going for half an hour and the dots still keep coming XD

3. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Look in the NEOGAMMA R9 beta stckies in the backuploader section evrything you need you wil find there.
    Use modmii on your PC to get the right files . ( in the hacking section stikies )

You probably only need a cMIOS installed. Use Wiipowers-Wiigator cmios v10 in combi with NEogamma R9 rev 50 and you are set.
    Make sure you Wii can read dvd backups.

OR you could rehack your Wii using Modmii. ( best option )

Or you could send me a PM and I'll help you with the files.
    EDIT: Have fun!