Need help with Swap Magic

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Sorakun, Nov 5, 2011.

Nov 5, 2011

Need help with Swap Magic by Sorakun at 12:18 AM (564 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Sorakun
    OP

Newcomer Sorakun Advanced Member

Germany
    After a failed attempt at softmodding my PS2, due to me accidentally getting my hands on an ARmax EVO without Max Media Player (and possibly due to my PS2 being unmoddable), I'm considering buying a Swap Magic.
    My problem is that I have no idea which Swap Magic+Tool package I'm supposed to buy.
    My PS2 is a slim black SCPH-90004, date code 8C.
    DiscoAzul offers the packages Swap Magic Coder 3.8 + Magic Keys 2, 3 or 4. Which one of those do I need?
    And then there's the 3.8 vs. 3.6 issue. I don't care about being able to use codes, as long as I have maximum compatibility. Should I try looking for a Swap Magic 3.6 instead?

I would appreciate your help.

P.S.: Before I get any cries of "Return your PS2 and get an older model." or anything along those lines, the PS2 and the ARmax were presents. Return impossible.

2. Centrix

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    I've used both 3.6 and the recently released (by recently I mean a few years ago) Swap Magic 3.8, I personally prefer 3.8 as it seems to have faster load times, ablity to load dual-layer'ed games (can't confirm that though) and Action Replay built into it! So I'd recommend buying Swap 3.8 instead of 3.6 you'll like better at least I think!

3. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You have a version 18 PS2 and 3.8 is better (it offers more features like booting Elfs from USB, ESR and of course a cheat engine) but both models will work with your PS2. If your gaming is going to be off of DVD-R discs and you don't need cheats just buy the 3.6 version of Swap Magic. Oh, by the way, you need magic keys 4. Have fun! :D