Need help with SoftMod!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mr007, Aug 12, 2009.

Aug 12, 2009

Need help with SoftMod!! by mr007 at 6:30 PM (986 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. mr007
    OP

Newcomer mr007 Newbie

United States
    hello every one this is the first topic here so i hope that some one could help me !

after i try softmod my wii and on a step that i need an Internet connection with this and half way my internet connection some how go disconnected :S now i have msg ( tHE SYSTEM FILES ARE CORRUPTED PLEASE REFER TO THE WII OPERATION MANUAL FOR HELP TROUBLESHOOTING )

any help?

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Ermm, anything you can do or goto? System menu or just nothing?

When its nothing you can do or goto then you better have a Nand backup.

BTW, what has already been installed on your Wii regarding Homebrew?

Please always provide us with more info. What Firmware, what did you exactly do and so on...

3. mr007
    OP

Newcomer mr007 Newbie

United States

thanks for your replay,
    yes i can go to HOMEBREW by holding Rest button , so can that help me?

4. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well.. as soon as you provide more information about what happened to cause your brick, we can try to help you.

Being able to get to HomeBrew is wonderful. It means you've only partly bricked it. So, what exactly did you do to cause this to happen?

5. mr007
    OP

Newcomer mr007 Newbie

United States
    Being able to get to HomeBrew is wonderful. It means you've only partly bricked it. So, what exactly did you do to cause this to happen?
    [/quote]
    ( a step that i need an Internet connection with this and half way my internet connection some how got disconnected :S )
    i guess it was the last step but what can i do with my bad luck :S

still waiting some one to help me pls

thanks

6. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    your system menu is missing most likely reinstall it

7. Gavry

Newcomer Gavry Member

Australia
    Ok, first thing is don't do anything.

In your current state you can fix your Wii. We need info to help though.

We need you system menu version before upgrading. eg 3.2U
    What guide exactly were you following?
    What step exactly were you up to?

Give us that as a start and we should be able to help you get you Wii back up and running pretty quickly.

8. mr007
    OP

Newcomer mr007 Newbie

United States
    its Usa and its 3.2u and i was with SoftMiiv2 guide and as i told before on the finaly step when i need Internet my connection got disconnected so nothing work now else howebrew channel
    this the step ( 18) Answer "YES" when it asks you to install SPECIAL STARFALL TYPE-HACKS.
    Wait for finish, can take a few minutes)

9. Gavry

Newcomer Gavry Member

Australia
    Quite a dangerous response for a new user. Unfortunately a reply like this can cause more trouble than good.

Either a known step by step guide or nothing is probably better. Arbitrarily installing system menus is a VERY dangerous thing to do.

10. Gavry

Newcomer Gavry Member

Australia
    I can't find a link to that guide.

Did it include updating your system to a later menu?

Otherwise you can re-install your system menu. You'll need the following tools:

a. NUSD from this location: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUSD
    b. Wad Manager if you don't have one. I'm assuming you do. You can get the latest from here: http://teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WAD-Manager_v1.5.zip

1. Install NUSD on your PC and start it up.
    2. You will have to click the button to create Certs.
    3. Click the Pack -> WAD check box at the bottom.
    4. Click the Database... button and select: System > System Menu > v289 (3.2U)
    5. Click the Start NUS Download!
    6. In a while the WAD will be created in a directory called 0000000100000002v289 in the directory NUSD is installed in.
    7. The WAD will be called: System Menu-NUS-v289.wad
    8. Put that in your wad directory on your SD card and install with WAD manager. If your not sure how to use WAD manager ask before proceeding.

11. EtherealX

Member EtherealX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your guide failed in the ARC process. I've had connections drop numerous times during an ARC install (pretty much all steps) and not once has a brick occurred since it doesn't make changes until all the files are downloaded successfully. Just throwing it out there.. are you sure the system failed during this step? Perhaps an error occurred earlier on that you didn't reboot to notice?

Either way, the post above me is a good step. I'd suggest you avoid using ciosCorp in whatever guide you use (since it has a tendency to break Preloader.. which, obviously, saved your ass this time.)

12. mr007
    OP

Newcomer mr007 Newbie

United States

THANKS FOR EVERY ONE WHO TRY TO HELP ME AND THANKS FOR THIS GREAT SITE I FIX MY WII BY GOING TO HOMEBREW THEN TO THE SAME STEP THAT I STUCK ON AND IT WORK GREAT [​IMG]

THANKS [​IMG]

13. Gavry

Newcomer Gavry Member

Australia
    Glad to hear.

Basic rule of this site. Give as much information as possible and your sure to get some good help.

Basic rule of Wii Hacking. Read and then re-read and then re-read one more before doing anything. The guides make it look like its all so easy. Unfortunately it is VERY easy to brick your Wii if you make a mistake.

Now your back up and running. You MUST do the following.

1. Install Bootmii as boot2 if possible, or IOS otherwise.
    2. Make a NAND backup and store it in a safe place.
    3. If you could only install Bootmii as an IOS then make sure you have Preloader up and running and know how it works.

With that in place you have the best chance of recovering from a partial brick. Which can be as easy as installing a bad WAD.

14. EtherealX

Member EtherealX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Adding to Gavry's fine post above.

If you can't uninstall BootMii as boot2 (hope you do, then you have no problems,) you need a wired gamecube controller to use BootMii as IOS.