Need help with SNEEK > black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by marc_max, Jul 23, 2010.

1. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    As some of you know, my Wii died mysteriously some weeks ago. It's a long story how Nintendo Technical Support did not want to save all my data and my Shop Channel purchased games, and also they wanted me to pay (166€), so I'm going to skip that.

I bought a new Wii, a 4.2 fortunately [​IMG]

Anyway, I had a BootMii dump of my old Wii so I wanted to test SNEEK and try if I can still download all my purchased games (and at least buy other games with 2500 points I still had). And to tell Nintendo: "Look, I still can play MY games without your help!"

I used SNEEKInstallerv0.1b4-cred.rar and even the old method to create the needed files for BootMii, but it always ends with a black screen. I tried everything and I'd like to know if there is a way to know what's happening in the screen and show debug info about SNEEK, because I still don't know what I am doing wrong.

I also tried with a NAND dump of my new Wii, but it's exactly the same.
    I have component cable (I'm going to try it now with the old RCA) and I tried the bootmii.ini file with PAL50, PAL60 and PROGRESSIVE.
    And I also tried with another Wii of a friend that has BootMii as boot2, but again: black screens.
    And finally, I also tried with another SD. But I think the SD is not the problem because BootMii normal menu works.

Any suggestions or ideas?

2. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    You should know that you're trying to get one of the most bitchiest apps to run. Failure is an option here, even if you do anything right.

Now, I got r106 to run using the Installer b3 to "compile" and install it. B4 won't work, since the IOS80-Parts work for nobody, and it doesn't accept the old parts. Also, if you chose SNEEK+DI, you MUST have an extracted game set up on an Stick/HD.

3. marc_max
    OP

Jun 19, 2008
    Thank you.
    I'm already reading on Sneek code repository that some users are having problems with r106.

Okay, I'm so silly [​IMG] Now b3 already gets me to the System Menu [​IMG] Now I'm going to try my old NAND, I hope it works.

4. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Its probably preloader in your nand dump.

The sneek FAQ contains alot of useful info. Also for me, in order to make it work I had to use bootmii for the dump, NOTHING else worked.

Here is what I did
    1. use bootmii to dump your nand.

2 run the nand.bin file through showmiiwads. Here is the link
    http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/downloads/list
    use the "extract bootmii dump" command

3 remove preloader,from the extracted dump. To do so go to extacted dump to directory title/00000001/00000002/content,
    find the 100000XX.app file that corresponds to a 000000XX file, delete the 0 and rename the 1 to what the 0 was to remove Preloader

5. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    pre/priiloader doesn't stop sneek from working have run a few dumps with pre/priiloader installed on sneek they still boot

6. marc_max
    OP

Jun 19, 2008
    I don't have Preloader installed.

Ok, my old Wii NAND works!

Unfortunately, the Shop Channels gives me error 205906. I can continue but I have 0 points.
    I have searched and it seems that error means my account is screwed and I have to call Nintendo. I still have to try that GetDeviceCert thing.

I won't call Nintendo.

7. SanGor

SanGor Witchhunter

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    you need a FULL nand dump and the device.cert from a Wii to use the shop channel with that Wiis shop ID.

8. marc_max
    OP

Jun 19, 2008
    It was a long morning, but finally I achieved it! [​IMG]

THANK YOU SNEEK & BOOTMII!

I can download all MY games, I still have my 1900 points and I even received a present that was sent the same day my Wii died.

I recommend anyone to have a BootMii dump and the device.cert file that will allow any Wii to 'become' your old Wii.