Need help with SD emulator hack

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gjnbag, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008

Need help with SD emulator hack by gjnbag at 7:30 PM (1,840 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. gjnbag
    OP

Newcomer gjnbag Newbie

United States
    I have a modded wii and an emulator disc with all of the old school games. Everything works fine with the emulator disc but one game, Mario is not working properly. I know that there are ways to add nes roms using the twilight hack/homebrew but I prefer not to use it since I already have the modchip and the emulator disc. Can someone tell me how to add additional roms to my sd card so this way I can play mario. I have already reformatted the card under FAT but when I click on boot from sd card on the emulator screen i get an error saying "unable to load SDCARD" Thanks

2. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    its most likely a emulator error

3. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Try FAT32

4. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    When it says boot from SD it is refering to a gecko SD used in the GameCube memory card slot.
    You are thinking that you can use you Wii SD slot, sorry you got it wrong.

If you really want to stick to using DVDs for your roms, then just burn a new dvd with whatever roms you want on it. You can depending on space and compression stick a couple of gamecube games too, or not.
    So you could say for example have, mario sunshine and mario kart for gamecube on with all your nes, snes gba roms etc, also if you have time you can even get quite a few n64 games running in cube mode, I think around 20+.

All of these things have guides, tools and lists for compatibility and sizes etc kicking around.

Now, you have an SD card, well why not just use that and the HBC for your roms?
    Or reburn a new emulator dvd.

They are your 2 main options, reburn or homebrew.

5. gjnbag
    OP

Newcomer gjnbag Newbie

United States
    Yeah I think you are right. I just thought that HBC was only playing for emulator games though. What else can you do with HBC other then install old school games?

6. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    The FCEU I run in HBC has front SD support. At first I got the "Unable to load" error. It was because I had a GC memory card in the b slot. Removed it and all is good.

7. jmario79

Newcomer jmario79 Member

United States
    ok, i did the internal gecko mod. could this mod act like a GC memory card is installed? will this effect the reading of the front sd card?

i installed the hbc with the beta8.iso, but when i start the hb channel it says "SD loading" for a couple of seconds. then i see bubbles floating up and the earth icon in the lower right hand corner flashing. nothing else. what do u guys think? i tried everything to get this to work. different sd cards, different formats, and different loaders with the same result. been working on this for 2 days now.

8. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    usually happens to me when front sd is not detected

9. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    How is your sd card setup? (ie. File structure?)

10. jmario79

Newcomer jmario79 Member

United States
    i used these installers and it sets up the SD card for me: wiibrew.exe, wiihomebrewinstaller.exe

also have tried to do it maually. here is the structure:

root=
    boot.elf
    apps
    ===wii64
    =======readme
    =======meta.xml
    =======icon.png
    =======boot.dol

all of this gives me the same prob

11. jmario79

Newcomer jmario79 Member

United States
    i guess that the internal gecko does effect the HB channel. just tried it on 2 other consoles with the same procedure i was using for the last 2 days, and the SD card loaded just fine. 4 people having this issue, gonna have to rip out this mod. [​IMG]