Homebrew Need help with save file

Nadello

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have pokemon platinum on my dslinker and I want to download a savegame with alot of legedary's. (My savefile got erased) I tried downloading 1 from this site, but it seems my ds doesnt regonize it because it keeps making a new game.

I need some intructions of how I can get a working .sav file for my dslinker.

Nadello

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried that. I downloaded 1 save file from gamefaqs and tried to convert it into a .sav file. I paste the .sav file into my dslinker and gave it the same name like my rom. That didnt worked.

Then I downloaded 1 save file from this site. It was a .sav file. I did input: Raw .sav and output: dslinker. That didnt worked either.

Nadello

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I allready tried to download a save file from the download section. Maybe I downloaded a wrong one.

I downloaded a rom from -blank- (you know) and put it into my dslinker.

Then I tried to download a save file from gbatemp.

It keeps making a new game and it seems my dslinker doesnt regonize the save file or something.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
in order to convert a correct save file you must know from what flashcart you have get the .sav file. there's a lot of flashcart that use .sav as save file (even No$GBA use .sav). the easiest one to convert is a save file for action replay (.duc or .dst) because only action replay that use that type of save file.

Nadello

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My flashcard is called dslinker.

I tried downloading a .duc file and tried to convert it to .sav for dslinker. I downloaded a .sav file too and tried to convert that one as well, and that didnt work.

This is what i tried:

1. I downloaded some save files. (1 .duc and 1. sav)

2. I went to shunyweb.info and converted the save file into .sav for dslinker

3. I paste the save file into my dslinker

4. I gave it the same name as my pokemon rom.

5. I started the game and it keeps making a new game.

Does it something have to do with my save config? I use flash 2bit for pokemon

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
unfortunately, i don't have dslinker so i can't really helpful. otherway, you can solve this problem if you have No$GBA. what I Mean is try to convert the save file into No$GBA format so you can see if the save file is works or not.

My advice:
1. try other game
2. convert those game save from dslinker format into No$GBA format
3. try playing the game on No$GBA with the converted save game
4. if works, try playing a little longer so your game saves will change a bit
5. convert the game save from No$GBA format into dslinker format
6. try playing the game on your dslinker with the save you converted
7. see if the save works or not

if the save game works, maybe you can do the same with pokemon platinum game. oh yeah, try to match the game's region. example, you can't use europe save file on american version.

Nadello

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I have to convert my save file (the one thats allready in my dslinker) into no$gba and then play it on no$gba?

If I use cheat codes will the cheats still be there if I convert it back again?

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes, some cheats will be permanent on the game (example: all items, max stats, etc) and some will not (example: infinite hp, money, etc). but make sure there's not use too lot cheat (example: all badges) because it will change some event on the game (with probability less than 1%)

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't have a DS Linker so I am not familiar with it, therefore this may be unhelpful advice, but I find with my R4 that if a .sav doesn't work, all I have to do is boot the .sav which allows my R4 to back it up (it'll ask if you want to back it up, creating a .bak file). Then, by booting the .bak file, it writes the save file, so just overwrite the old .sav and then it works. But again, I don't even know anything about the DS Linker, so you probably can't even do that. If you can though, it's worth a try.

rpgpromaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i need some help with saves too
i have a acekard 2i and ive been playing pokemon heart gold with teh default save file which is 512 and the cheats dont work so i tried to put in no$gba with the save file FLASH 512KBytes and as soon as i go to the part where i select the resume game and mystery gift section i get the error message that the rom has crashed and no$gba crashes
ive tried that sav file converter but that doesnt work

can any one help me?

thanx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1