Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I bought a PS3 with Rogero (i think 4.55?) and MultiMan installed.
The guy who sold me the PS3 already put some games on the HDD but whenever I try to start them I get thrown back into the main screen ....

I never really looked into Playstation at all (this is my first Playstation ever never got a 1 or 2 ...) so it was already hard for me to even connect that Controller XD

So it would be very nice if anyone could explain "everything" important to me (I don't even know how to get games on the internal HDD XD) or link me to a good tutorial that normal people might be able to understand.

thanks in advance.

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just insert a ps3 game into the drive. now the game you just "mounted" in multiman will appear (instead of the game inside the drive) in the main menu

edit: i just noticed that this might not work as you need to insert the disc first and then select the game in multiman.

most of the games cannot be started directly from mm.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Pretty much, this. I always keep an official PS3 game in my drive except when I'm updating/downgrading firmwares. As B4N5H33 stated, when you select a game in mM from either your internal or external hdd, you are actually "mounting" the game to be launched from the XMB. Multiman isn't so much "throwing you back into the main screen" as it is refreshing the XMB to reflect the game that you selected. The disk that was in your drive the whole time will suddenly appear as the game that you selected; "mounting." Select the game and proceed. In order to switch games, quit the current game and navigate back to multiMan. Select a different game, find yourself back on the XMB and select the new game. Although this method may seem tedious at first, it becomes second nature fairly quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.