Need help with Region Changer + How to play GameCube games off a USB HDD.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IAmDemi, Jan 3, 2014.

1. IAmDemi
    OP

IAmDemi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2014
    Hi, so I've just recently softmodded my wii, roughly 3 days ago for the sole purpose of making pause buffering easy when speedrunning mm jp(in comparison to emu). Anywho... I am running a release version wii with system menu 4.3E and bootmii installed as boot2 w/ hbc. Whenever I try to change the video mode from PAL to NTSC, I get the following error: "Saving... Unexpected Error: SYSCONF_SaveChanges Value:-1017 Press any key to quit"

But I'm new to the whole wii hacking thing, so I don't know what information is relative and what is not. I've installed everything on IOS236(hbc/wads etc), I have nand/etc backed up and I have bootmii on boot2. If any important information is missing, please tell me and I'll try to add it as soon as possible.
    FIRST QUESTION SOLVED^

And my second question is, after following this tutorial, in order to finally play Paper Mario: TTYD again (among other games), when I launch wiiflow -> choose paper mario -> click play, the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I literally waited 10minutes without reaction from the wii. No error, no nothing. Any idea how to fix this?

Anyway, any response would be much appreciated. In-case someone knows a quick/easy fix or doesnt feel they have the need for any additional info, you could always add me on skype (Jbr0ley) and just tell me, or simply post a reply here :)

Thanks in advance!