need help with r4 browser

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by tcyoil, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008

need help with r4 browser by tcyoil at 7:18 PM (1,976 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. tcyoil

Newcomer tcyoil Newbie

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    I want to use the internet using my ds lite, everything's done except whenever i touch the browser in my r4? it doesn't work. i dont know what to do. do i edit something? i really need help. thank you! [​IMG] oh yeah im using ds organize btw. i can use any other options like address book, or the paint thingy. but when it comes to the browser, no luck [​IMG]
  2. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Mar 10, 2008
    have u already setup your wifi with a real game? and are u using a router or nintendo usb?
  3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Jan 3, 2008
    From Where???
    are you using a homebrew web browser or the official nintendo opera browser?

the nintendo browser REQUIRES a slot2 ram pack. if your using the rom you will need a slot2 card that has ram you can use (ewin, 3-in-1, m3 lite, etc), rudolph's gba exp loader (to boot the slot 2 ram) and a slot1 kit that allows for soft reset. you use rudolphs loader to boot the slot2 ram and then it softresets back to the slot1 menu where you can then load up the official browser rom. there are other methods which allow you to patch the browser so you don't have to boot the ram first, but i am not familiar with them so i can not comment.

the homebrew browsers are a mix of junk to better junk and aren't really worth your time right now. no disrespect to those who have spent time coding them, but they only do text well and can't handle much else. okiwi had great potential with css, html, forms and cookies as ideas to implement but development stalled and i have not read about any updates for some time.

ok i just read your post again and you mentioned ds organize =P. its late for me sorry i missed that the first time. if its not working its because your wifi is not set up correctly. the nds requires a wireless access point - do you have one? it must be 802.11b, channel 1, 6 or 11, no ecryption/wep encryption (only), ssid set to public broadcast.

if you are serious about browsering the web on your nds, pick up a ez 3-in-1 and use it as a ram expansion pack. you can get one off deal extreme for 19 bucks with free shipping. it pays for it self the very first time you flash a GBA game to it. you can use the ram and keep 1 gba game in memory. its a great little kit and works perfectly with the r4 and rudolph's tools. but no matter what you do just know that ds web browsing is painfully slow. don't expect to do some e-mail and browser the web while waiting for your food to get delivered to your table. its that slow....

-another world