Hacking Need help with priiloader beta 6

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have recently used mod mii to update my wii from 4.2u to 4.3u just to be upto date. I also wanted to play COD Black Ops.
So I followed the guide and everything went good. Updated to 4.3u and loaded games from config loader. Also installed darkcorps 1.1 just incase
Set region free and update block hacks in priiloader

Now I turn on my wii after modding my wii and I insert og copy of Super smash brawl and it says update system menu in the disk channel?

I then go back into priiloader to set hacks over and there all fine.

Is the hacks for 4.3u not totally working? Do I need to use different hacks?

Any help would be great thanks

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soopa said:
I have recently used mod mii to update my wii from 4.2u to 4.3u just to be upto date. I also wanted to play COD Black Ops.
So I followed the guide and everything went good. Updated to 4.3u and loaded games from config loader. Also installed darkcorps 1.1 just incase
Set region free and update block hacks in priiloader

Now I turn on my wii after modding my wii and I insert og copy of Super smash brawl and it says update system menu in the disk channel?

I then go back into priiloader to set hacks over and there all fine.

Is the hacks for 4.3u not totally working? Do I need to use different hacks?

Any help would be great thanks
From what you say you did, the SM hacks should of stuck. I don't have much experience with DARKCORPS, and from what I know I wouldn't put to much stock into this, but it may be DARKCORPS that is causing the problem. Again, I doubt it is.

When you set the hacks over again, did you try disabling them, then enabling to make sure Priiloader re-applied the patches? Also are you using the latest hacks_hash.ini file? The format of the file was changed to use hashes over offsets. If anything, I think this is the cause of your problem.

-[]D

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt try the hash hacks cuz I had no clue how to.

But I just read the priiloader guide on another site and I think that was my problem I will try to set the hash hacks later as IM out right now and let ya all know.

Thanks for the advise.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soopa said:
I didnt try the hash hacks cuz I had no clue how to.

But I just read the priiloader guide on another site and I think that was my problem I will try to set the hash hacks later as IM out right now and let ya all know.

Thanks for the advise.
All you need to do is delete the old hacks.ini file in your SD card's root directory and replace it with the hacks_hash.ini file from the Google Code site.

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FOUNTAINEER said:
do you need 4.3 to play cod bo? i have 4.1.
The System Menu version has no influence on whether or not you can play a game. A game may nag you to update if you are on an older System Menu version, but that's it. What you need to play a game depends on how you load the game. If you use run games via the Disc Channel and a modchip then you just need to update IOS57 for CoD:BO. If you use a loader, be it a disc loader or USB loader, then you just need a recent cIOS that is using IOS57 as its base to play CoD:BO - I use Waninikoko's cIOSx rev20b personally.

-[]D

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
If you use run games via the Disc Channel and a modchip then you just need to update IOS57 for CoD:BO.
some1 remind me where ppl have gotten that idea?

it just doesn't work that way (anymore?).

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lulwut said:
PPSainity said:
If you use run games via the Disc Channel and a modchip then you just need to update IOS57 for CoD:BO.

Do tell in what way does a modchip circumvent the original IOS that the game requests? This would be news to me. Softmods use only one cIOS to run a game under. Complete softmods like DARKSCORP just turn all the IOS into cIOS so that a loader is not needed (but I don't believe the original poster is using DARKCORPS at this stage). But traditional modchips (like WiiKey, not HDD modchips like the WODE and such) rely on the normal IOSes that the game requests.

Mind clarifying your statement there lulwut for the benefit of us all? I personally would like to know if I am saying something wrong.

-[]D

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
lulwut said:
PPSainity said:

Do tell in what way does a modchip circumvent the original IOS that the game requests? This would be news to me. Softmods use only one cIOS to run a game under. Complete softmods like DARKSCORP just turn all the IOS into cIOS so that a loader is not needed (but I don't believe the original poster is using DARKCORPS at this stage). But traditional modchips (like WiiKey, not HDD modchips like the WODE and such) rely on the normal IOSes that the game requests.

Mind clarifying your statement there lulwut for the benefit of us all? I personally would like to know if I am saying something wrong.

-[]D
unless modchips [censored] the update functions system menu does on disks; the update function just doesn't work that way

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lulwut said:
PPSainity said:
lulwut said:
PPSainity said:

-[]D
unless modchips [censored] the update functions system menu does on disks; the update function just doesn't work that way
That clarified nothing for me, you need to be way more clear. Which way is "that way"

FOUNTAINEER asked "do you need 4.3 to play cod bo? i have 4.1."

To which I said no. "A game may nag you to update if you are on an older System Menu version, but that's it." There has never been a game that has required a specific SM version. Is that where I am wrong? I followed by saying "If you use run games via the Disc Channel and a modchip then you just need to update IOS57 for CoD:BO." The modchip will allow the playing of backup media, but it will not circumvent the need to have the proper IOS that the game requests to run on. Is this wrong? Are you saying you don't need to update the IOS to version to that requested by a game? Again lulwut, please be clear, where am I wrong?

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there