Hi all ! First of all, let me introduce you to the AlephOne game engine : it's an open source game engine used to play Bungie's Marathon game and its add-ons. Think of Marathon as of Halo back in Doom's day. Being a Marathon freak, I started to port the AlephOne game engine to the Wii a year ago, but I stopped 9 months ago due to a crash that I am not able fix. Now I would really try to go further and finish this port, that's why I call for help here. Here is project's web site : https://code.google.com/p/aleph-wone/ The engine is SDL based so I started the port using Wii-SDL. That worked and the game can be somewhat played but several bugs remained that I associated with Wii-SDL. Not that happy with this port of a very old version of SDL, I decided to use SDL's latest version as a new starting point and added tueidj's SDL code to it (or at least the one he uses in CorsixTH). The idea behind this was to first port SDL to the Wii in a way that that could be integrated in main-stream SDL. All goes well and I eventually managed to get SDL to compile properly for the Wii using auto-tools (yeah I now, some of you may stop reading from now). The game even run mostly (see later) as expected in Dolphin emulator... but, when I try to run it on a real Wii, it crashes at initialization time. I spent countless hours trying to understand what was going wrong and all I can say is : SDL seems to pass all initialization code, but it crashes when trying to load the first sound it has to play. Interestingly enough, Dolphin sends me this message (that I only vaguely understand) when starting game's emulation (way before SDL is even called) :DSPHLE: Unknown ucode (CRC = 078066ab) - forcing AXWii.Try LLE emulator if this is homebrew. Now before going any further into explanations, would anybody here be kind enough to help me resolve this issue ? I can, of course provide full crash logs and a lot more details about all this (at least, once I'm at home). Anybody willing to try can : Download source code from here, in the wiimote_control branch : https://code.google....one/source/list Build, going to the scripts folder and type ./build-aleph-wone.sh using a reasonably clean devkitpro r26 with all portlibs installed. Build scripts are very unix-centric and works flawlessly on MacOS 10.6 (you'll need to install zzip first). They should work properly on recent Ubuntu distros too but the last commit is more of hack to let it build on Mac so your mileage may vary. Install built binary, doing one of : Follow steps given here : https://code.google....ki/Installation Add Marathon 2 game files downloaded from AlephOne web-site to a resources/m2/AlephOne folder and type ./deploy from the scripts folder. That will create a dist folder with everything set-up to be copied on a SD-Card If you're interested, build scripts all have documented options, feel free to explore. You can see the game working on the Wii by using the version marked as deprecated in project's download section (refer to the aforementioned install process) : https://code.google..../downloads/list To see my first help request, go here : https://code.google....pNeeded__Really Once the crash is fixed, I intend to fix the 4 remaining bugs, and improve playability by better wiring the wiimote to the game (that was current branch's fist purpose). Pfhew !! That was my first post here !