Hacking Need help with new R4i-SDHC and Dsi 1.4U

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just bought a Dsi from a friend and ordered a r4i-SDHC from www.r4i-sdhc.com.
The DSi is running 1.4U (not 1.4.1) and r4i-SDHC is for 1.4 (not 1.4.1).
I have installed kernel 1.27b.
When I boot up the DSi I see the star wars game needed to lauch the R4 menu.
R4 menu load just fine when I click on it but I cannot see any roms (when on the default "game" icon, top right)
I have tried to put roms on the root of the micro-sd and also on a "Roms" folder.
I also tried to format the micro-sd (Kingston 8g) and reinstall kernel. No go. Roms are not showing up.
I got a rom package so I didnt tried a rom from somewhere else, this is my next step.

Do I need an older kernel ? If so wich one ? What else could be wrong ?

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Did the 'rom package' come in a zipped file and if so have you extracted all the roms before transferring them to your micro sd card?

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All roms files are individual files.

I have just tried the panasonic SD formater just to try (seen the tip on other thread. Still no go

My micro SD card is the Kingston 8g class4.

I have a quick message saying to reformat the card on the DS when click A on the game icon...

micro-sd card works fine though (menu load fine of course)

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They were all .rar files! I unrar them all and now I can see them in the menu!

But I am still not done!

When selecting a game with the A button, a popup screen appear that says "sauvegardes" (would be "saves" in english... my kernel is in french). That screen then seems frozen. I cannot touch anything either with the stylus or any buttons.... I have waited around 4-5 minutes without anything that happened.

Whats next ?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If You downloaded a game extract the rar then you will see a lot of rars select them all and choose extract here then you will see one .nds file place that on your micro sd
wink.gif

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Dsi was bought in Canada and is set in french. My kernel is also in french... just to give more info not that I think there would be an issue with that.

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I formated the micro-sd for the X times, this time with Windows (right-click on micro-sd, format) and then I have verified the date on the DSi. Date was Ok but I still changed it for 2 days in advance (I have seen some freezing issue that have been solved like this).

Now everything worked! I dont know if it was due to the last format or the date change but everyhting is good to go.

I have changed back to the correct date and everything still works.

Thank you all for your help!

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I thought ebverything was good but that was only 1 game working... the 5 others that I installed are not.

The DSi hangs at the "creating save file" screen, right after the bar reach the end. Then nothing, just stays like this forever.

I tried changing the date, reinstall kernel, reformat micro-sd, no go!

I even tried with another micro-sd with exact same issue. Unfortunatly that was the exact same model and brand micro-sd card.

I will try a 2g one tonight and see if its any better.

Have you guys seen this behavior before ?

Nataq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried with more roms last night and a few others worked. I would say 1 out of 3-4 are not working. Maybe my rom package is to blame or is that suppose to be like this ? For exemple, Mario 64 is not working. I had 2 roms, 1 with "v01" in the name... both not working. I guess I will have to try and get roms somewhere else.

Didnt tried 2g mem card yesterday didnt hd time but I doubt that is anything to do with the sd card since some games are working fine. Still, I may try it for fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn