Hacking Need help with my R4i Gold 3ds

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was working fine on my 3.0.0-6u 3ds but then decided to update it via the dsi updater so it can work with my other 3ds wich is in 4.0.0.7, dont know what i did wrong but know it does not work on neither of them, it does not show the spongebob icon at all. Can some one help me go back to it working on 3ds v 3.0.0-6u...thanks

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No icon after updating is being shown in the home menu of either 3DS, right? If so it's bricked.
So what can be done. Reason for it doing this is because while i was downloading the dsi patch 1.44 i believe i accedently returned to the home menu without the patch finishing...can something be done about it. Thanks

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update the flashcart successfully, which update patch did you use. you should update it with the latest patch: The DSi V1.44 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! and it will be better if you can update it by DS console. And now, if you have bricked the r4i gold, you need to use a DS console and another working flashcart to unbrick the card.
instead of using a ds can i use a 3ds

rob white

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update the flashcart successfully, which update patch did you use. you should update it with the latest patch: The DSi V1.44 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! and it will be better if you can update it by DS console. And now, if you have bricked the r4i gold, you need to use a DS console and another working flashcart to unbrick the card.

Nope, you only can use a DS to do the unbrick job. Here is a guide. For example, if you have another working card Acekard 2i

1. Download the latest ak2i firmware AKAIO V1.89
2. Download the update patch which linked above, there are two files in the folder, just use the one which for updating by DS console.
3. Put the sd card and the ak2i in the ds console,
4. Power on and run the update patch, then take out the ak2i and insert your bricked r4i gold. And go on the updating process.
5 Just wait until it finishes.

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope, you only can use a DS to do the unbrick job. Here is a guide. For example, if you have another working card Acekard 2i

1. Download the latest ak2i firmware AKAIO V1.89
2. Download the update patch which linked above, there are two files in the folder, just use the one which for updating by DS console.
3. Put the sd card and the ak2i in the ds console,
4. Power on and run the update patch, then take out the ak2i and insert your bricked r4i gold. And go on the updating process.
5 Just wait until it finishes.
Why wont 3ds work, and do you mean ds or dslite

rob white

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a very important step in the guide. step 4 needs you to do a switch job, the 3DS or DSi won't let you do that, the 3DS or DSi will just start updating and update your ak2i to the end, you even can not pur your bricked r4i gold to the console. And another, there are two update patch files in the folder, one if for updating by DSi and the other is for updating by DS console. there is no file for updating by 3DS.

DS or DSL , any of them is alright for doing the job.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Question, if my R4i Gold 3DS has the sponge bob icon and was advertised to work on the update b4 the new one, do I still need to update anything? Also is there a way to know via the wood menu which update my card has?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sentinel5000,you can click "start" menu and choose "help".You can get the system version your card can support.Besides, if your card can support NDSi V1.44, it can also support 3DS 4.0.0-7.

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000,you can click "start" menu and choose "help".You can get the system version your card can support.Besides, if your card can support NDSi V1.44, it can also support 3DS 4.0.0-7.
That's not entirely true, it's better to just look at whether it's compatible with 3DS System v4.0.0-7. To find this out check out this thread: http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread/
If you're card isn't listed or is listed in Red, then you'll either have to wait for an update for your Flashcard and then use a DS/lite to perform the update(since it's not working on your 3DS) If your Flashcard is never updated then you'll have to buy a new one. I recommend any Flashcard NDS-Gear.com sells, like the Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo, or the Real R4i 3DS.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok in that thread, my card is compatible, now on to updating the card, when I download the 1.44 update I see a readme, on the readme it has 2 methods for updating the card, im assuming I need to use the second method, Am I right?

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok in that thread, my card is compatible, now on to updating the card, when I download the 1.44 update I see a readme, on the readme it has 2 methods for updating the card, im assuming I need to use the second method, Am I right?
I can't help you if I don't know what card you're using. There are like 5 different R4i Golds. What's the URL for your card's website?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs