Need Help With My R4i 3DS SDHC Card On My 3DSXL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NintendoClassico, Sep 8, 2013.

1. NintendoClassico
    OP

NintendoClassico Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    Hello, this is my first forum on this website so hopefully you can help me. The title is a brief explanation of my problem concerning my 3DSXL and my R4i 3DS SDHC card. There will be pictures to help give you the idea of my problem so if you will help please take a look at them. Basically, i just need advice on what to do with my card because i recently gave it the new 1.73b kernel and no luck. I even tried using my original Nintendo DS for the update but it didn't show up for the update option. (Regardless of the update i can use my card on the Nintendo DS), but when i try using it on my Nintendo 3DSXL, i get an error (There is a picture of the error). Any help whatsoever will be great ! Other threads didn't help so that's why i made one myself to see if any other answers would come to light. (Pictures Below)

Look forward to replies ! Thankyou.

3DS System Version.JPG Error.JPG R4i 3DS SDHC Card Front.JPG R4i 3DS SDHC Card Back.JPG Works on DS.JPG

2. miihackwii

miihackwii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2013
    Only the RTS version of this R4 card supports the latest firmware 6.2.0-x

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The problem is that the kernel update is not the same as a firmware update. Only a firmware update (which is a file you put on the flashcart and run on the DS/3DS itself in order to update the cart) will enable support for newer 3DS firmwares.
    And if your 3DS is on the latest firmware, there are not a whole lot of carts that support that update yet, and I don't know whether your cart is still supported by your team.

4. miihackwii

miihackwii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2013
    I know that the RTS version supports his firmware, Alternatively there is the Supercard DS TWO which also supports the latest 3DS firmware.

5. NintendoClassico
    OP

NintendoClassico Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks for the help guys. I guess i need a new R4 card... anyone know a reliable place to get one? (R4i Gold or the RTS )

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  7. NintendoClassico
    OP

NintendoClassico Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks for the help Rydian. I'll probably be getting that dstwo cart. would you be able to provide a link?

8. NintendoClassico
    OP

NintendoClassico Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks for the help Rydian. I'll probably be getting that dstwo cart. would you be able to provide a link?

9. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
  10. sLpFhaWK

sLpFhaWK Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    I am having a similar problem with my R4i SDHC v4.5 I can't even update the kernel to v5 or anything.. stupid pos. Looks like i'm going to get the DSTwo! I have 2 3ds XL's too both were on 6 firmware and I had no idea that could effect the R4's.. Dammit looks like i have to turn off street pass.