Hacking Need help with my Luma3DS Updater

KainRath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello! I'm a complete noob when it comes to the homebrewing scene. I bought my N3DSXL from somebody else and it was already CFW. I never bothered with the other stuff aside from the games but when I opened the Luma3DS Updater this error message appeared:

"Trying detection of current payload version...9.1-89cc6ed Could not get status code Ref Code: -660561860 FATAL ERROR Failed to obtain required data. Press START to exit."

Being the noob that I am I panicked and thought maybe the next time I connected to the internet to play some MHGen it won't let me because of this error. Can anybody please help me with this? Please and thank you!

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The updater no longer works due to GitHub using an implementation of SSL that the 3DS doesn't support. You can manually update Luma by downloading the latest release from its Git page, and placing the boot.firm on the root of your SD.

Reactions: KainRath

KainRath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The updater no longer works due to GitHub using an implementation of SSL that the 3DS doesn't support. You can manually update Luma by downloading the latest release from its Git page, and placing the boot.firm on the root of your SD.
Thank you, Sir! I'll give manual updating a shot.

chris15326

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there anything to keep in mind for updating manual? Like different techniques for different initial situations?

chris15326

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay! didnt touched my 3ds for a while now and everything before was done from the guy I sold the device from. Last what I did was with a guide from that seller to update Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) to Boot9strap (B9S) I remember and thats it :-D

So far I was told to only exchange the boot.firm from Luma on my SD card to update it

But I wonder, I do not care about the exception_dump_praser folder or the boot.3dsx file?

z7YevBc.jpg

Last edited by chris15326,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I can't figure out how to run a game on mig switch oh well