Hacking Need help with moonshell

Amstaff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping someone could give me some help with a moonshell problem I am having on my NDS R4. When I turn on the NDS with the R4 in I go to the multi-media box to get moonshell started, but it says "Error--Can't find file of _DS_MSHL.NDS in the SD/TF root directory".
I can open it when I go through the game box on the bottom screen, but not the multi-media. I haven't put any mp3's, pics or movies on it to see if it works yet but I would like to know if this is normal. If not is there a place I can just download the _DS_MSHL.NDS file? I just recently downloaded the new moonshl, 1.71 I think it was. It didn't work right before I downloaded the update either.
I'm new at this so please don't get too technical on me.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go get kernel 1.11 from www.r4ds.com, format the micro SD card, then extract the contents of 1.11 at the root of the SD card. The R4 version is patched to work with soft reset where as the new moonshell + dpg tools will not work with soft reset.

Then just drop supported media on the card and go!

Amstaff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info to everyone that posted. That last post got it fixed, reformatting then downloading the 1.11 kernal.
Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: