Need help with moonshell

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Amstaff, Sep 21, 2007.

Sep 21, 2007

Need help with moonshell by Amstaff at 1:00 AM (604 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Amstaff
    OP

Newcomer Amstaff Newbie

United States
    I was hoping someone could give me some help with a moonshell problem I am having on my NDS R4. When I turn on the NDS with the R4 in I go to the multi-media box to get moonshell started, but it says "Error--Can't find file of _DS_MSHL.NDS in the SD/TF root directory".
    I can open it when I go through the game box on the bottom screen, but not the multi-media. I haven't put any mp3's, pics or movies on it to see if it works yet but I would like to know if this is normal. If not is there a place I can just download the _DS_MSHL.NDS file? I just recently downloaded the new moonshl, 1.71 I think it was. It didn't work right before I downloaded the update either.
    I'm new at this so please don't get too technical on me.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

2. sasuke_kun12

Member sasuke_kun12 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    did you place the shell file in the root of the MicroSD? \/\/0o7@63! 100th post!

3. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    Rename moonshell to _DS_MSHL.NDS

4. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Go get kernel 1.11 from www.r4ds.com, format the micro SD card, then extract the contents of 1.11 at the root of the SD card. The R4 version is patched to work with soft reset where as the new moonshell + dpg tools will not work with soft reset.

Then just drop supported media on the card and go!

5. Amstaff
    OP

Newcomer Amstaff Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the info to everyone that posted. That last post got it fixed, reformatting then downloading the 1.11 kernal.
    Thanks again.