Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We had to make some collage and it was due today. While we were presenting, the teacher interrupted us and said we did the collage all wrong. We have to re-do it now, and I need some help.

Here is the question: Ironic Collage: As a group, you will need to find pictures/visuals that represent the traditional Snow White story and visuals that express the theme/events in the account by Nasa Begum the author.

I just need some explaining. Like I know ironic/irony just means the opposite of what it means. Now I just don't know what to do. Maybe people can help think of pictures or visuals that represent Snow White.

Brief summary of the story we read:
About a girl named Nasa Begum who wants to be an actress. She is disabled and goes to a disabled school, but still gets made fun of even though they are all disabled. She gets taunted by many students there. She wanted to be Snow White, but then people still taunted her saying that they would paint her white. She would always convince herself that she would fit the role. Nasa could not play the role since she had an operation and could not be the first Pakistani Snow White. Nasa would encounter many problems that would interrupt her life. After these issues, Nasa decided to not go for an acting career but instead concentrate on her school work.
She also had a physiotherapist while other kids never had to go through this. Kids in her school were like any other kids. There were the popular kids and the non popular kids. She was in the middle. While here in this school, since everyone had disabilities, they wouldn't make fun of anyone. They did make fun of Nasa because her skin colour was not the skin colour of the people there (white). She also wore clothing that were apparently, the worst style of clothing. All troubling her, she didn't know what to wear since she did not fit in. She would wear Western Style trousers and never allow the white people of her school to see her wearing traditional clothing (Salwar Kamiz). An Asian Girl was of that school who Nasa had admired. She was a senior of that school while Nasa was a junior. This girl was just like her, and actually had better clothing sense. That asian girl also owned a shop selling both Asian and Western clothing.
Nasa then stood out as she began to wear Wester Clothing and reclaimed her identity by refusing normality and just being herself.

Anyone know how to do the question? Please no spam, and anything will help~!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't make sense to me, only because you're asked to find similarities to Snow White, while the girl in the story doesn't have any. I know that this is why it's called an Ironic Collage, but shouldn't you be finding the differences between her and Snow White? Unless Snow White wore the least favorable clothing, and she didn't fit in...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read the story on Snow White. It was not related to this girl in any way. I am probably gonna go fail, since i don't know what to do.

I asked for some help with family. First part is to find visuals/pictures from Snow White. Then for the second part, i need to think of a visual that represents the theme/events.

Not related in anyway. So I am going to have some trouble explaining.

For part 1, I am planning on just getting a few things off of Snow White. The poisonous comb, poisonous apple, a dwarf, the talking mirror, and the glass coffin.

For part 2, I am probably just going to maybe use a few things from the event. I could draw the orange dress and glasses to represent Nasa. But other than that, my sister told me to write about discrimination or how some people aren't accepting. Like the people taunting Nasa were not very accepting, and then in Snow White the step mom didn't like her and couldn't accept her being prettier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all