Need help with Joy2Key software

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by smoothbwlr, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008
  1. smoothbwlr
    OP

Newcomer smoothbwlr Member

United States
    by anything i am referring to my 360 controller. I use my wireless one connected to my pc via microsoft's wireless gaming reciever. I downloaded joy2key so that I can play maplestory and other types of games with my controller but I don't know how to use it. the closest i got was to assigning keys and such was it read joy-left whenever i pressed any button on my controller. what do i do now?

2. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    Download xpadder it is a much better program you can map any keyboard key to the 360 buttons and even use the analogue stick to control the mouse pointer and much more.

3. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    In order to use joy2key, you have to know which buttons correspond to your controller, so that you can assign any key to it.
    Assuming you run windows,the easiest way for me to do this, is opening Start>control panel>Game controllers, then you select your 360 controller and press proprieties. This way you can test each button and see how are they mapped on it.
    You will open at the same time joy2key, and assign the desired keys.
    For my PS2 controller for example the buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 are the triangle to square, and 13, 14, 15, 16 are up, right, down, left.
    I don't think the analogic works.
    If you have any more specific question feel free to ask.