Hacking Need help with homebrew and USB loader

Jade5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I'm really new to the homebrew scene. I've successfully done mine and one of my friends DSI's to run roms and I had no issues. I now realize I can do this with my wii to also run roms. I googled it and followed some tutorials. I got the homebrew channel onto the wii really easily, using the DNS trick.

This is where I ran into issues. First I tried to install the cIOS, trying different versions into different bases and that jazz. I am trying to run MKWii as a test game, which I compiled using wiibackupmanager, and the iso works great in dolphin, so I don't think it's the iso file.
Everytime I tried to run it, the system would kick me back to the homebrew menu, or freeze on the game or a black screen. I can't seem to fix this.
I don't know if my version of cIOS is up to date as people have mentioned v8, mine has v6, beta-v10-alt, and beta-v10. If I am using a wrong version a download link would be greatly appriciated.

I have now formatted my wii and updated it, and then reinstalled homebrew to try again with some advice. I am using a USB stick with 8gb avalible (I only plan to use one game as I have loads on disks, therefore this is more than enough). I've tried using NTFS and fat32 as a format parameter but to no avail.

If someone could maybe create a small guide or provide some tips on where I'm going wrong that would be great, I just wanna play some Mario Kart after all

-Jade x

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey, I'm really new to the homebrew scene. I've successfully done mine and one of my friends DSI's to run roms and I had no issues. I now realize I can do this with my wii to also run roms. I googled it and followed some tutorials. I got the homebrew channel onto the wii really easily, using the DNS trick.

This is where I ran into issues. First I tried to install the cIOS, trying different versions into different bases and that jazz. I am trying to run MKWii as a test game, which I compiled using wiibackupmanager, and the iso works great in dolphin, so I don't think it's the iso file.
Everytime I tried to run it, the system would kick me back to the homebrew menu, or freeze on the game or a black screen. I can't seem to fix this.
I don't know if my version of cIOS is up to date as people have mentioned v8, mine has v6, beta-v10-alt, and beta-v10. If I am using a wrong version a download link would be greatly appriciated.

I have now formatted my wii and updated it, and then reinstalled homebrew to try again with some advice. I am using a USB stick with 8gb avalible (I only plan to use one game as I have loads on disks, therefore this is more than enough). I've tried using NTFS and fat32 as a format parameter but to no avail.

If someone could maybe create a small guide or provide some tips on where I'm going wrong that would be great, I just wanna play some Mario Kart after all

-Jade x

Hello.:)

As @XFlak recommended,please use the ModMii Tool for a simple and fast Way to mod your Wii.
AND the SAFEST.:)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

You can also use the "Letterbomb" Exploit and then do all Steps by yourself too.:)

- Do the Letterbomb Exploit
(This installs the Homebrew Channel and BootMii)
- collect your Tools and Applications
(MultiModManager or WiiMod Lite/Priiloader/d2x cIOS Installer/Simple IOS Patcher/USBLoader GX or WiiFlow or Configurable USBLoader and many other....)
- Install .WAD Files with MultiModManager or WiiMod Lite
- Applications with an .dol File inside belongs mostly on the SD Card in the Folder "apps"

Please Note: If you download a "not good" Tool/Application/WAD File by Accident, it can BRICK your Wii and make it. UNUSABLE.

It is your Choice which Way you use.

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all