Need help with Genesis emulator

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by misticknight, Apr 9, 2008.

Apr 9, 2008
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    can someon tell me step by stpe exactly how to run this cause i have no idea what i'm doing wrong. i got the latest version (released 2 days ago i think), and i got the emulator running and when i go to load roms and select "from front" it says it cant find anything, yet, like the it asks you to do, i have the roms in a folder called genplus in the root of the card and another folder in that one called roms. everything is right with that so far yer? cause i dont understand why i'm having trouble. i dont know if i misunderstood but in the guide itsaid only FAT16 is supported but for some reason my SD card wouldn't work with the fat 16 twilight hack so i had to use the fat 32 one. do yo uthink thats why? i dont see why it would be since the emu starts fine but just incase.

also while i'm here so as not to start another topic, is it alrite if i use the action replay memory card to save on SNES9GX it seems to be working fine so far but i dont want any problems down the line, also since it only saves SRAM that means it saves as if i had the original cart yer, not a save state type thing is it?

2. misticknight
    OP

Australia
  3. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just to clarify, you have the folder 'genplus' on the root of the card, a folder named 'roms', and the ROMs inside of that folder, right? If so, you should be able to see the ROMs. I really see no reason why SNES9X would work, and not Genesis Plus. Unless it has to do with how the developers implemented front SD support. Have you tried FCEU, and does it work for you? Also, on Genesis Plus, you are able to browse the whole SD card, so try to see if you can browse it.

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    yes thats exactly how my roms are put in my SD card. they are however .bin files cause thats how they came when i downloaded? do you think thats why or is that the actual extension for genesis roms? and also yer i've tried FCEU and it works perfectly.

5. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes, I believe .bin files is the extension of Genesis ROMs. I believe the emulator can read .zip files as well. Anyway, I'm not sure what you can do. All of this is still buggy, so I would suggest notifying the developer of this version (eke-eke) of the problem that you are having, by telling him in this thread.

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    thanks alot for the help man, much appreciated.