OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first post!
biggrin.gif

ok, here's what's going on...
I am using a DS Lite with the SuperCard miniSD, SuperKey, and a 2GB SANDISK MiniSD Memory card.
Super Card Software V2.541 for SD Version.
Trying to convert the GBA Final Fantasy games to play on my SuperCard MiniSD in my DS Lite.
I am following this: http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/software.htm
But still have problem.
Game won't boot up. It doesn't go past the "Gameboy/Nintendo" Screen.
I notice that when the rom is loading it's bigger than normal.
Also when I just copy the .gba over to the Memory card and load it up I get white screen.

Anyone knows what I am talking about?

Please help, thanks in advance!

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use compression.. it's faulty with 2.541 patcher and 1.62 firmware. I think you can still use 2.51 software with compression if you want.

SuperJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use the compression option. I'd better mention what I have enabled.
For the Super Card Software V2.541 for SD Version I have enabled:

Save
Saver Patch
Real Time Save
and Restart

The location of the save.sav is correct. Thats all the blue boxes I have.

SuperJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyways, I got the gba games to work. The thing is I have to disable the save anytime and also the reset. I'm bummed though cause the reset thing I loved.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to tgc_9013's post...

this might not be too much help but if you look at the supercard mini sd review... HERE
You'll see that it is stated...

"However, in GBA land, things are not as they have always been. Since the saver wasn't battery-backed up, patches needed to be made to the games to allow them to write them back to the SD card. However, that's exactly where something comes in : the SuperCard miniSD has an internal battery for the saver. Thus, you don't need the patches as much as before, and you can try using the software without using the "Restart" function (which is what adds support for shortcut keys) for games which have slowdowns, as an incompatible game with the Restart function might be the exact reason why it doesn't work as it should. I can also confirm that this isn't just "marketing speak" : it can really solve problems, as it did with Road Trip - Shifting Gears and Gadget Racers, for instance." -Vince989

Hope that helps
smile.gif

SuperJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyways, I got the gba games to work. The thing is I have to disable the save anytime and also the reset. I'm bummed though cause the reset thing I loved.

I did not know that. I'll try it next time I fire it up.

But now I'm having problems with my 2GB minisd memory card. I formatted to FAT32 by accident. Yes, I know that was dumb. It was showing up as 968 free and 968 used. Even though the card was empty so I used SDFix2G_104 and it shows up as 2GB again but I can still only put 968 megs of stuff on it. T_T

I just gotta sit down one day and do some reading and tests.
If anyone knows how to fix this I'd appreciate the help.

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
The way I have to save my GBA games on my SD supercard is to use the regular in game save and then I use the hold (L+R+A+Select) to save that state. Then when I play the GBA title next, I just load it from in the game. It seems like I didn't used to have to do it this way, maybe it's a file I had on the superacrd I deleted or I'm thinking of the Ezsflash card I used to use.

So there is no way for GBA titles to just use only the in game save and in game load on the supercard because it doesn't have a battery? Is that the deal? Or is it the way I'm patching the GBA titles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr