Hacking Need help with game, ur0, and ux0 locations

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally new to the vita scene so bear with me :) I've set sd2vita as the main storage (400gb micro sd card) and NoNpDrm is intalled on ur0:/tai folder. The NoNpDrm plugin path is set to ur0:/tai in the config.txt file by default. I've placed an extracted game in folder format with the correct game title id in ux0:app directory and refreshed the live area in vitashell but the game doesn't populate along with the installed items on main menu to be selected to play.

What am I doing wrong here?

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the work.bin for the game to appear. if it's missing from the package(s) folder of the game dump, it won't appear.

The vpk installs fine and appears at the main menu but it takes too long to install. I couldn't find the work.bin file in the vpk directory. Why is the work.bin required and is there a way to create it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are those games Nonpdrm dump?

No. Its just a standard vpk.

Last edited by x64,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vpk installs fine and appears at the main menu but it takes too long to install. I couldn't find the work.bin file in the vpk directory. Is there a way to create it?

No. Its just a standard vpk.

standard vpk like maidump stuffs needs to be installed, you can use pkgj to get your games instead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't create the work.bin. it's the license for the game. you get it when you purchase the game from psn. a normal vita pkg will not contain a work.bin as a result.

btw, vpk versions of games should come with a work.bin as well. iirc, they're nearly 0'd out while the license file (derived from the work.bin) isn't. nonpdrm is the opposite where the work.bin is intact, but the license itself is 0'd out.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't create the work.bin. it's the license for the game. you get it when you purchase the game from psn. a normal vita pkg will not contain a work.bin as a result.

I grabbed the work.bin file for the game that I want to install and put it in the root directory of the game. The game still doesn't show. What is Nondr

btw, vpk versions of games should come with a work.bin as well. iirc, they're nearly 0'd out while the license file (derived from the work.bin) isn't. nonpdrm is the opposite where the work.bin is intact, but the license itself is 0'd out.

I found the work.bin for the game in question and placed it in the root of the game folder but it doesn't show in the main menu. Is there specific place to put it in? I'd just like to learn more about it. Yeah NPS and pkjg are the easy alternatives.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@x64 ,to solve your problems with games, install PKGj 0.55 and download the games and various DLCs(if the games have it),they automatically go to ux0: app and there are no more work.bin problems etc ...

@godreborn ,i have installed games in vpk(vitamin dump)they are installed like other apps in vpk and once installed it goes to ux0: app/PCSG00495 for example and is complete with work.bin.
The games to which you have to insert the work.bin file and unpack them with Pkg2zip are the ones you find on NoPayStation,and after must be copied to ux0:app refresh license and live area with VitaShell.

Last edited by NeoGranzon,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it worked for him, but I'm assuming based on the like that it did. not sure where he got the work.bin from unless it was part of a zip file or something.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if it worked for him, but I'm assuming based on the like that it did. not sure where he got the work.bin from unless it was part of a zip file or something.
@godreborn ,i explained the procedure i do(and others think)when downloading a PS Vita game from NoPayStation.
I too didn't understand what kind of file he tried to install.:unsure:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I know where to get work.bin files, but I didn't say anything, because it might be a piracy issue where you're giving the person the site to go to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.