Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
I hate to say it, but I need some help getting freakyhax to run.

Everything I have tried so far has caused the game to show a black screen for a few seconds and then return to the Home Menu with a popup message saying "An error has occured forcing the software to close". Sometimes the screen flashes white for a split second but the end result is the same.

• I have a regular 3DS XL with 11.0.0-33E installed so I assuming the OLD11.0.0-33E otherapp.bin file is the correct one. I have made sure that the file is named "otherapp.bin", not "otherapp" or "otherapp.bin.bin" or any other variation.
  • My SD card is a SanDisk Ultra SDXC I 64Gb model formatted using FAT32 and the write-protection is disabled.
  • I have never used nor attempted to use Homebrew ever before today.
  • I have a physical copy of Freakyforms Deluxe with over 100 formees and the QR Code reader features are unlocked.
  • I have the freaky.bin and the DCIM from the "old_eur" directory from the v1 zip installed on the root of my SD card.
  • I have the full starter kit including boot.3dx from smealum's GitHub also at the root of the card.
  • I did delete my existing DCIM from the SD card before installing plutoo's.
  • I completely reset all user data from the 3DS Camera app.
  • I have tried the "Scan QR" button instead of the "Load QR" button but this simply causes the formee to visit instead of causing the payload to run.

The only things I have not tried doing is format my SD card completely and reset the save data on the Freakyforms Deluxe card. I am reluctant to do this and am hoping I can find a solution before resorting to these options.

What might I have missed?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly, the first thing that sticks out to me is the SD card. 3DS were never designed with SD cards greater than 32GB in mind, and I'm sure the process used in Freakyforms to load images is no exception. I recommend trying with a regular SDHC card, and seeing if that works.

I should also note that I have had some trouble running freakyhax on save files that have done considerably more than what is required to unlock QR code features. I was completely unable to run freakyhax on a save file that had the second 'area/zone' unlocked, on which many formees were made. If using a smaller SD card doesn't work, you sadly may have to wipe your Freakyforms save file in order to run freakyhax.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
Honestly, the first thing that sticks out to me is the SD card. 3DS were never designed with SD cards greater than 32GB in mind, and I'm sure the process in Freakyforms to load images is no exception. I recommend trying with a regular SDHC card, and seeing if that works.

Ok, I'll try doing this first.

I wonder how having more areas/zones unlocked would affect it? The game I have has four areas open at the moment (meadow, city, ocean and cloudland).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I changed my save recently to one that had a few formees to 64; and that, with all other things being the same, broke freakhax for me.
This is just anecdotal, I have no idea if that's the actual reason it broke for you.

Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
I wiped the save file and started from scratch, but this didn't fix my problem. The game still crashes to the Home Menu with the "an error has occurred forcing the software to close" message.

If a smaller SD card doesn't work, I'm out of options. I've done something wrong somewhere, I just don't know where. :/

Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
you cant do anything even if you acces homebrew why trying so hard

I plan to edit my save in Animal Crossing New Leaf.
I plan to edit and backup my Pokemon.

Just because I can't pirate games with CIA installers does not mean "you cant do anything". I never planned to pirate games anyway.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I have found the game is a bit picky. The workflow should be booting straight into load qr from the sd. You should have otherapp.bin on sd root, obviously.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I bought a couple copies of freakyforms, and it DID NOT work on games that had actually been played. I flashed zoogies save and it worked fine. I think you need the 6 formers named A or whatever the website says.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
Victory! I have access now!

I don't know what happened though; I didn't change anything after my previous post. I turned off the 3DS and let it sit for a few hours to charge, and I've tried again this morning and now it works!

It sometimes freezes when the bottom screen changes to yellow, but it seems to be ok now.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Victory! I have access now!

I don't know what happened though; I didn't change anything after my previous post. I turned off the 3DS and let it sit for a few hours to charge, and I've tried again this morning and now it works!

It sometimes freezes when the bottom screen changes to yellow, but it seems to be ok now.

As I said, it can be picky sometimes. Usually a hard reset helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr