Need help with flash cards for 2ds

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hari6677, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Hari6677
    OP

Hari6677 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    India
    Okay so here's the thing, i got a used old 2ds for a bargain of 50$ here in india. This is a bargain coz the local shops and amazon here sell it for 300$ or more. I am buying it mainly for emulation of gba nds and to play some 3ds only games. I want it to be simple and probably buying a flash cart is the easiest method. So it'd be great if anyone can share some flashcarts that aren't too costly, may be under 30-40$. I tried purchasing sky3ds+, but it's way out of my budget(110$ to be exact).

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Hello and welcome to GBAtemp.

Almost everybody here will tell you NOT to buy any flashcart for 3DS games. As you already said: They are expensive! And they can do less than free custom firmware and have other downsides. (Plus: You will not find much – if any – help for using them on this site).

I know the guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/ looks overwhelming and complicated at first. But it is only that long because it is an easy step-by-step guide.
    • By installing B9S and using Luma CFW you get the possibility to install 3DS games directly onto the console SD.
    • For using DS games from SD there is TWiLight Menu++ as a free alternative to a DS mode flashcart. It has become very good lately, but if you prefer a flashcart for DS (non-3DS) games: R4i Gold 3DS Plus (still has some advantages).
    • For GBA games:
      • They can be run natively in AGB_FIRM (Virtual Console injection) (requires CFW)
      • Not yet perfect is GBARunner2 (but it has seen HUGE improvements in the last weeks). GBARunner2 can be used from a DS mode flashcart and from TWiLight Menu++.
    Sorry for so many links, but you should do a good amount of reading before you decide. I personally would advise against the expensive and limited Sky3DS+ or Stargate 3DS.

Happy reading.

3. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello and greetings to our Indian Friends (we had LOT of them in the last months something with love solution or so).:)

I am sure you can find help for your inquiry in the 3Ds forums:
    https://gbatemp.net/categories/nintendo-3ds-discussions.198/

Have fun and a good time with your 2DS/3DS Like-minded.:yay3ds:

4. Hari6677
    OP

Hari6677 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    India
    Thank you so much for the quick response. I read what you said and have just one more doubt. The person i am buying this from says that he plays3ds games in cia format without a flash cart and also uses emulators on the go. He said he has hacked it and that's it.

But wherever i searched, especially the 3ds guide mentioned above, everywhen either a flash cart or some sort of soldering was involved.

I just wanna know if its possible or not to play with out a flash cart.

5. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Then it would be all the more important to post your concern inside the 3Ds Forum that you can sure,many people reading this and may help and assist you.:)

KleinesSinchen likes this.
  6. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    If it is already hacked, you do not have to repeat the complete guide. And every* 2/3DS can be hacked without soldering and without flashcart. Reading the complete guide is nevertheless a good idea to get familiar with the terms, software and methods.

Hold (Select) while turning on the 2DS. It should say:
    Luma3DS v??? configuration
    Depending on the version number you may have to update the hacks/custom firmware installation.
    The current Luma version is v9.1.

Next time put simple questions about 2/3DS CFW into the 3DS NOOB PARADISE – more likely to get fast replies there.

7. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere See i would put something here if i knew what to

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Introductions is a help desk?