Hardware Need help with EZF Advance 256M cart!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes and No.

Vista x32, some people got it to work.

Vista x64, doesn't work period, some people give bullshit answers about hacking and crap and the like to get it to work. No 32bit drivers can be loaded into a 64bit system.

Do NOT PM me for answers if I am already giving you one. It deprives people with the same problem of an answer who actually use the search function.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Um... can you confirm exactly which cart you've got? If we're talking about a clear red cart you've linked the wrong software; the EZFA was not manufactured by the current EZ team. The software for the red cart is in the download centre:
http://filetrip.net/f322-EZFA-1-03.html

The stuff about 64-bit processors still applies, but as far as I know this cart doesn't work with anything higher than Windows XP SP2. (SP3 had an issue with the unsigned drivers).

Of course, if you're not talking about the red EZFA then feel free to ignore my interruption
smile.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I nearly have all gba flashcarts of any importance, it is a pain even for me to sort through them without some kind of sorting catalog. Except for the fact that I have to buy like 60 batteries every couple of years, they all work except for 2.

I even got the 4M flashcarts from the beginning where you have to build it.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Um... can you confirm exactly which cart you've got? If we're talking about a clear red cart you've linked the wrong software; the EZFA was not manufactured by the current EZ team. The software for the red cart is in the download centre:
http://filetrip.net/f322-EZFA-1-03.html

The stuff about 64-bit processors still applies, but as far as I know this cart doesn't work with anything higher than Windows XP SP2. (SP3 had an issue with the unsigned drivers).

Of course, if you're not talking about the red EZFA then feel free to ignore my interruption
smile.gif

I have an EZFA cart, the exact type there too.
I can confirm that the drivers and rom flasher don't work at all in Windows Vista.
Though its said both can work in Windows 7.
I've pretty much retired my cart since I've been unable to use it with XP. I'm on horrible vista now so kinda sucks.
Though now I just emulate GBA games on my PSP xD

I can also confirm Mother 3 translation as a single kilobtye or two too big for the cart as well. Which is the only rom that wont work. I beleive it works fine without the translation patch.

If you have any EZFA troubles feel free to PM me maybe I can help ya out a bit in the future.

For now, go find some Windows XP machine or try your luck with windows 7.
Hmm, on that note, anyone try to run it in Linux through wine somehow?
I'd imagen that it might work since Wine can use some windows drivers.
But thats something else.

Hope that helps a tad bit.

rykotxet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi. I've a EZF Advance (the red flashcart) and I'd like to use it through wine (Linux). The EZFA client runs fine with wine and ndiswrapper can install the inf driver on linux, but it's not enough because the client can't detect if the cable is pluged in. I suppose that I need to copy the driver files to certain wine's windows paths, but I don't know which ones. I tried C:\windows\system and C:\windows\system32\driver but it didn't work. Any idea? Anyone was successful with this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone one to sell EZFA?? and do shipping to indonesia? really need this tools for develop some games.
Cheers~
If you just want a basic GBA flash cart then you can still use a DS lite and a 3 in 1 and any old DS flash cart. Or you can spend a bit more and get an EZ4 that works on the GBA or DS without the need for anything else.
If you wanted the link cable/multiboot option then you could always build your own
http://reinerziegler.de/GBA/gba.htm#Description of the GBA link-port
http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#auxxboopctogbamultibootcable

For what it is worth GBA emulators are pretty accurate and have been for quite some time so you could always use one of them. no$gba debug version is free these days as well. http://problemkaputt.de/gba.htm

XyracX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What kind of cable to I need for this card ? Just bought one on ebay but without any cable. Is it a normal mini USB ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That sounds really cool
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Please dont go we need you.