Homebrew Need Help With DIOS MIOS (Long Post)

LivanEh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I got DIOS MIOS Lite to work but I want to switch to regular DIOS MIOS to read the games on my USB stick. I installed DM and when I load the booter it doesn't detect my game. I used DMToolbox like I did for the SD Card. My USB is formatted in FAT32 with 32K Clusters. There's only one partition and it's marked as active. The game is located in F: games/GZLE01/game.iso but my DM still doesn't detect it. It detects the same game on SD Card though. Any solutions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS doesn't detect the games, or the loader you are using to select the game and launch DM?

if DIOS MIOS doesn't detect the games, you see the DIOS MIOS Splash screen with error "Apploader size is zero".
If you don't see the game list, it's not a DIOS MIOS error, but an issue with the loader you are using. either a setting to change or you are using an old version of the loader.

When you say "the booter", you are talking about DMBooter? or another loader?
You installed DIOS MIOS wad file to replace DIOS MIOS Lite? Maybe you installed a different DML so the booter detects that it's the SD card version and doesn't display games from USB.
verify your installed MIOS version, and tell us which booter and version you are using.

LivanEh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yes I was using the DM Booter to load the game. I'm not entirely sure how to tell you the version booter I'm using so I'll just tell you what it says on the top left when the DM Booter is open.
DIOS-MIOS Booter SVN r30 by FIX94
Another thing I should add is when I try to run my Gamecube games from CFG it give me the Apploader size is zero message. I'm using CFG Loader Version 70r15.
That was my attempt to run the game off my SD Card while DMLite is installed.
Bear with me on the MIOS thing. I remember installing RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad but I'm not too sure if that's what you meant.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your Wii can have only one MIOS file, if you install a new one it overwrite the existing file.
If once you installed cMIOS, it has been replaced with whatever MIOS you installed next (DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite)
Same with DIOS MIOS, if you install DIOS MIOS Lite after DIOS MIOS it will replace it and only SD card will work. You can't have both USB and SD version at the same time.

Apploader is zero is usually an error with incorrectly setup USB (wrong partition, etc.), or a bad ISO.

LivanEh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The thing I don't understand is that DIOS MIOS Lite ran my iso but CFG couldn't and instead gave me the error.
My DIOS MIOS Lite is version 2.10.
The regular DIOS MIOS I've tried is 2.10 as well and I also tried 2.11.
I've tried the same iso that I have on the SD Card on the USB so it may not be a bad iso. I've formatted it to FAT32 with 32K Clusters. This is the same USB I use for my Wii games which works fine. My DM Booter still doesn't detect it but for some reason my CFG loader does. I've even tried installing DIOS MIOS (USB Version) and using CFG to load the game from usb but the game doesn't even start.

EDIT: After reformatting my USB drive and trying again I got DM to play the game. However I discovered what my problem was. After adding a WBFS folder with a Wii game installed with my Wii Backup Manager, Wind Waker didn't work anymore. The DIOS MIOS splash image didn't even come up. I'm using a thumb drive and it's not capable of having more than 1 partition. My guess is that I have to go buy a External Harddrive instead?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do you want more than one partition? FAT32 is fine for both Gamecube and Wii games on it.
FAT32 partition can go up to 2TB. You should have enough space for all your games.

USB HDD is probably a better idea than a flash drive. but not all HDD are compatible with DIOS MIOS either, you will have to try and see the results.

LivanEh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Because for some reason whenever I move a Wii game to my flash drive it doesn't play GC Backups anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo