need help with compressing retail wii games that i own

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kaitlin459, May 15, 2013.

1. kaitlin459
    OP

kaitlin459 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    United States
    hello i have some games that i extracted from my wii and there in WBFS file system is there a way i can compress them to be smaller i have a 3.32 gig wbfs file its the scooby doo first frights game if i convert the game to CISO will it be smaller in size then if it was in wbfs file format im limited to 32 gigs of flash drive space what are my options thanks

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Deja vu.

If you want to be able to play the game, WBFS is pretty much your best option for disc size. You can compress the image for storage using Wiimm's ISO Tools (or a GUI equivalent); converting to WIA format might save you a few hundred MB on your flash drive, but again, you won't be able to play the game until you decompress the image.

Ultimately, a 32GB flash drive just isn't ideal primary storage for your games. In the worst case scenario, you might only be able to fit four games on there. Best case is way out there, though, if you know the sizes of your games: many have sizes measured in the hundreds of MB. That said, you're not likely to fit more than ten or so unless you're deliberately seeking out small games.

ddetkowski, CheatFreak47 and Rydian like this.