Hacking Need help with cheat files

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally forgot how to update the cheat database on my AceKard 2.1...what type of file should I use and where should I put it?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is why the wiki link is stickied at the top of this forum, to save you the trouble of asking these questions.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Updating_Cheats

Updating Cheats
The latest official GBATemp Cheat Database can be found at codemasters-project.net (requires an account). AKAIO can use the CHEATS.XML, CHEAT.DAT, or USRCHEAT.DAT format. Download the database of your choice and then place the database in the __aio/cheats directory. You can have multiple Cheat Database files in your __aio/cheats directory. Simply re-name each one so that they are not overwritten. (IE: CHEATS-4-10-09.XML, CHEATS-4-30-09.XML).

additionally, the latest cheat file is often mirrored to akaio.net in the current build release thread.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
once again, this is the reason we have stickied a link to the wiki article. please take some time to read it. i'm sure you could agree that hundreds of posts, including the same questions which are already answered in the akaio wiki article, do nothing much but clutter up this section of the forum. the more posts we have here the more difficult it is to search out an answer. this was the reason vato and myself spent the better part of a year continually updating, rewriting, organizing, and maintaining the akaio wiki article. if you can't find your answer there, then please ask. such questions help us to gauge the usefullness of the article, which in turn will lead to updates and rewrites.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Cheats

Rebuild
The Rebuild button will disable all cheats, and then make Cheat Code files per-ROM. Each time you update the Cheats DB you should rebuild the CC file. This will enable the new games to not only use the cheats but build each game a file which allows for faster cheat access

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it