Homebrew Need Help with Bootanim9

Tristanand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i need help setting up bootanim9 because tutorials are to difficult to follow for me so im asking someone to help me step by step if you have the time.

Buttsnake

"Mods please close this thread"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got A9LH, right? If so. download bootanim9 and open it. If you already have an arm9loaderhax.bin already in your sd card, rename it arm9payload.bin. Drag everything you find bootanim9.zip (The file you downloaded) into the sd card. Then put the file you renamed (arm9payload.bin) in the anim folder. Download boot animations from this thread. Then when you have an animation downloaded, go into the folder named anim in your sd card and create a folder there named "0" (Without the quotations.) Open the animation you downloaded and drag and drop the files into the folder you named "0."

If you don't have A9LH, or don't know what that means, you have to get it first.

Last edited by Buttsnake,

Tristanand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You got A9LH, right? If so. download bootanim9 and open it. If you already have an arm9loaderhax.bin already in your sd card, rename it arm9payload.bin. Drag everything you find bootanim9.zip (The file you downloaded) into the sd card. Then put the file you renamed (arm9payload.bin) in the anim folder. Download boot animations from this thread. Then when you have an animation downloaded, go into the folder named anim in your sd card and create a folder there named "0" (Without the quotations.) Open the animation you downloaded and drag and drop the files into the folder you named "0."

If you don't have A9LH, or don't know what that means, you have to get it first.
alrighty thanks fham

Tristanand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tell me if it works
thanks it works but I have a few questions, if I need to update luma3ds what do I do with the arm9loaderhax.bin I renamed and it makes my 3ds a little slow when it finishes loading. One more thing is that do some of the animations have sound or no.

Buttsnake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you update using the Luma updater it will replace the bootanim9.bin. When that happens just rename it arm9payload and put it back in anim and replace the old one, then once you do that just poot the bootanim9.bin back and rename it again. And for sound, afaik I'm pretty sure they don't have sound

Tristanand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you update using the Luma updater it will replace the bootanim9.bin. When that happens just rename it arm9payload and put it back in anim and replace the old one, then once you do that just poot the bootanim9.bin back and rename it again. And for sound, afaik I'm pretty sure they don't have sound
K thanks I appreciate it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh one more thing, you know the black screen that's there for about 10 secs before it loads. I thought the animations replace the black screen just for something to watch but it appears it shows the animation and black screen.

Buttsnake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K thanks I appreciate it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh one more thing, you know the black screen that's there for about 10 secs before it loads. I thought the animations replace the black screen just for something to watch but it appears it shows the animation and black screen.
When you installed A9LH did you choose screeninit or noscreeninit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs